Woodland Elementary School 0

Posted August 07, 2014
My child was bullied for 3 years and I consistently voiced concerns with staff and with both principals but nothing was ever done. The schools policy is to have the victim and the bully work out their issues so essentially the bully has no consequences for his actions. This is unacceptable - the staff should be ashamed!

Posted June 16, 2014
Woodland is a wonderful school they offers a variety of challenges in all grades. Both our 4th and 5th graders have been on accelerated math and reading courses, and have learning computer coding. Both entered ahead of the curve for their age 4 years ago and they have improved that score statewide each year since.

Posted May 24, 2014
High academic success in a caring environment. MN School of Excellence 2012 award winner. Large percentage go staff have Master's Degree or higher level of education.

Woodland Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2014
This school was a huge disappointment. The principal is only concerned with the "no child left behind" and "closing the achievement gap", so will not support any programs for bright or gifted children - which is obvious by the test scores. Yes it is important that we support the children who need the most help but at the same time every child should be able to grow and learn.

Posted May 03, 2014
We love this school. The teachers have been amazing. So supportive, nurturing and simply great teachers. They have great programs for gifted learners. My kids love to go to school.

Posted April 10, 2014
My daughter is now in 4th grade and has attended Woodland since kindergarten. I love that the teachers genuinely care about each child. They treat each child as an individual and tailor their learning experience accordingly. No child is left behind! My daughter WANTS to go to school everyday. Great staff, great facility, great before and after school options, many volunteer opportunities. This school has the perfect balance of academics and social emotional support. I love it!

Posted December 17, 2013
An absolutely fantastic school. We found a house we lived elsewhere and this school was almost enough to make us stay on Brooklyn park. I cannot say enough good things about it. Our daughter has been going here for two years, Kindergarten and 1st grade and the activities, special events and volunteer opportunities are superb. Our daughter loves going here, we love volunteering and can only hope the next elementary school will be half as good. An absolutely wonderful school we were lucky to be a part of.

Posted April 22, 2013
Amazing staff, involved parents, wonderful early and late hour options. Dedicated Administration. We are so happy with our child experience here...we can't praise it enough. Such a blessing to have this school.

Posted August 01, 2011
Active and successful PTA. Great community spirit. Talented, patient, dedicated staff. Huge knowledge base on the use of technology in the classroom. Outdoor classroom (WET Lab). Good leadership. Cutting edge school truly dedicated to academic, social, and emotial growth of all students. A school you feel welcome in. Encourages volunteers and parental involvement. Love Woodland elementary in Brooklyn Park. I have 4 children who have gone to or are still at Woodland. I am an involved parent who knows what is going on at the scool.

Woodland Elementary School 1

Posted December 06, 2010
I do not like this school, because it does not seem like a school someone might want to go to.

Woodland Elementary School
4501 Oak Grove Parkway, Brooklyn Park, MN  55443
Last modified Woodland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top