K-8|Private

Bad
Good

We just moved to Brooklyn Park and chose St Vincent for our 3 young children. The school community & church are very friendly. Our children have been working hard and doing well so far. They are generally happy to go to school each day. Enrichment opportunities, sacramental preparation, and sports activities are numerous and of good quality. I would give them 5 stars except that class sizes are too large. I would prefer to pay more in tuition and hire additional teachers.

There are good and not good things happening at this school. Unfortunately, I feel that the bad outnumbered the good. I don't feel that administration does a good job with leadership, communication, handling issues, and following through on things. I caught administration lying to my children and then administration tried to tell me that my children were the ones lying. The sad thing is that administration said " I would do it again". Administration also tried to bribe my children to stay at the school. This is not the type of leadership I want in my children's school. I also feel if one is going to pay for a religious education that all staff should exemplify Christian teachings and behavior which is not the case in this school. There are many fees due throughout the year that are separate from tuition. My children had a bad classroom experience for months so I pulled them out prior to the end of the year. I also witnessed numerous amounts of busy work and projects given throughout the years while my niece attended.

I hate this school! If I could give it one star I would! The teachers are good but when there's bullying some teachers think that just because your catholic the kids don't mean any harm and don't need strict consequences for their actions. If you're in the older grades 5-8 a lot of the students don't accept you if you aren't considered cool or popular and it's harder to make friends so there are basically lots cliques. If it was my choice I would be going to public school.

This school has been great for my son. We transferred to St. Vincents this year and everything has been so wonderful. My son has felt welcomed and staff has welcomed us also. My son chose this school from the start and we should have listened to him. You won't regret sending your child here! Staff has been great!

I don't like this school at all. When it comes to bullying the teachers don't do anything. I've been bullied a lot and it's like the teachers don't care. A lot of the kids think they are better than everyone else. I can't wait for next year when I can transfer to a new school.

My oldest attended for 8 years and my youngest is on his 6th year here. The smaller community of people with similar religious believes and goals in life make this a great place for my children. They have made great friends and have been able to participate in many sporting activities that would not be possible at a larger school. Like all schools there are bumps in the road, but we work through them. I can't see my kids attending any other school if I have a choice. It feels like the small town that I grew up in inside of this huge metropolitan city.

St. Vincent has a wonderful school environment for any child to learn in. Class sizes are small enough for students to receive individual attention. Along with a diverse academic curriculum, the school also promotes health and wellness. I love that my three children are also taught Christianity and how to be servants of God through a faith-filled community.

I have two kids at St. Vincent and everyday they come home with something great to talk about. I am glad to know that my kids are learning a lot and that everything is going well.

Last modified St. Vincent De Paul School is a Private school that serves grades K-8