K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Cyprus does an extraordinary job of challenging, nurturing and cherishing small gifted human beings. My granddaughter began in their Montessori when she was two and a half, and is now, at age 7, in the Academy, loves it, is an eager, engaged learner and a delightful little human being. We owe much to Cyprus and are extremely grateful to the staff and administration, as well as the other parents who form a supportive community for our very bright little people.

Cyprus Classical Montessori just put on the most amazing event called "Westward Expansion." They actually created a river where the kids could pan for gold and built a life-size covered wagon. Amazing! My son has learned all about pioneer life through washing clothes and hanging them on the line, making butter, dying cloth and numerous other fun activities. The best thing is he also learned how to read in the last few months and is doing addition and subtraction. My husband and I are very busy and find it hard to do extra activities. My son is able to take piano lessons at school. They actually offer a multitude of extracurricular activities. The whole school is set up for learning and care and fun. This has been the best find of a school! He will go on to Cyprus Classical Academy for Elementary school for sure!

This school is the perfect example of how all schools should be run - ability based, while developing other talents. My oldest son was bored and unchallenged in public school during his kindergarten year. How could he stay interested when he was reading beyond the 2nd grade level and his writing and math skills far surpassed that of a typical kindergartner? Cyprus has been phenomenal at identifying his abilities and keeping him challenged. No more coloring letters when he should be taught composition and speech, and counting beans when he should be memorizing the times tables. The school works to develop other talents in music and the arts to enhance the whole educational experience and provide brain development. You won't find that in any public school system and very rarely in any other private school.

I switched my son from another daycare center to Cyprus Montessori in order to provide him with more academic exposure in preparation for kindergarten, and wow - what a difference that made! He started in March barely knowing his letters and by the end of summer was reading at 2nd grade level! Under the public school system, he would have to wait another year before starting kindergarten (his birthday was shy of the cutoff date by 6 days). Luckily, the school assessed him as being emotionally, socially, and academically ready and allowed him to start kindergarten early. I am glad I didn't wait another year - he is learning so much and has already advanced far beyond the kindergarten level of schoolwork. I highly recommend this school.

I switched my daughters to this school after homeschooling for a year because I wasn't happy with the local public school. We have been more than impressed with everything about this school. What the kids have learned, how much fun they are having, the teachers, everyone of them knows my children by name. It is a fantastic school and I would tell ANYONE that they would be lucky to send their child to this school. It is a FANTASTIC environment for children!

This is an amazing school. My daughter loved all of the teachers and the wonderful enviroment in which she learned. I would recommend this school.

This school is so great! We have been at Cyprus since it opened in 2005 and we love it. The teachers create a fun and engaging environment. They have found a great balance of structured learning, play and warmth. It is a school but I also feel like they truly love and care about my child. He is such a smart and amazing little guy - they have taught him so much!

Our daughter has been extremely happy here. She has changed dramatically in her ability to learn and get along with other children. She puts away her toys and projects after she is done, and she is learning Spanish!!! We love this school.

Last modified CSMA Academy of Fine Arts is a Private school that serves grades K-8