Burnsville, MN
Before care: Yes

Posted November 27, 2013
Cyprus Classical Montessori just put on the most amazing event called "Westward Expansion." They actually created a river where the kids could pan for gold and built a life-size covered wagon. Amazing! My son has learned all about pioneer life through washing clothes and hanging them on the line, making butter, dying cloth and numerous other fun activities. The best thing is he also learned how to read in the last few months and is doing addition and subtraction. My husband and I are very busy and find it hard to do extra activities. My son is able to take piano lessons at school. They actually offer a multitude of extracurricular activities. The whole school is set up for learning and care and fun. This has been the best find of a school! He will go on to Cyprus Classical Academy for Elementary school for sure!

Posted December 04, 2011
Cyprus is more than a school to our granddaughter. It is a place of warmth and security, a source of wonder and well-answered questions, and place populated with people she loves and people who care for her. She began at Cyprus at 2 and a half and is in her second year there. She has blossomed as a student and as a person in her time there. Her teachers are truly caring and gifted people. They've help our little one so very much. I cannot imagine sending her elsewhere. I cannot commend this school strongly enough.

Posted October 30, 2011
This school is the perfect example of how all schools should be run - ability based, while developing other talents. My oldest son was bored and unchallenged in public school during his kindergarten year. How could he stay interested when he was reading beyond the 2nd grade level and his writing and math skills far surpassed that of a typical kindergartner? Cyprus has been phenomenal at identifying his abilities and keeping him challenged. No more coloring letters when he should be taught composition and speech, and counting beans when he should be memorizing the times tables. The school works to develop other talents in music and the arts to enhance the whole educational experience and provide brain development. You won't find that in any public school system and very rarely in any other private school.

Posted October 30, 2011
I switched my son from another daycare center to Cyprus Montessori in order to provide him with more academic exposure in preparation for kindergarten, and wow - what a difference that made! He started in March barely knowing his letters and by the end of summer was reading at 2nd grade level! Under the public school system, he would have to wait another year before starting kindergarten (his birthday was shy of the cutoff date by 6 days). Luckily, the school assessed him as being emotionally, socially, and academically ready and allowed him to start kindergarten early. I am glad I didn't wait another year - he is learning so much and has already advanced far beyond the kindergarten level of schoolwork. I highly recommend this school.

Posted January 17, 2011
I switched my daughters to this school after homeschooling for a year because I wasn't happy with the local public school. We have been more than impressed with everything about this school. What the kids have learned, how much fun they are having, the teachers, everyone of them knows my children by name. It is a fantastic school and I would tell ANYONE that they would be lucky to send their child to this school. It is a FANTASTIC environment for children!

CSMA Academy of Fine Arts 0

Posted August 11, 2009
This is an amazing school. My daughter loved all of the teachers and the wonderful enviroment in which she learned. I would recommend this school.

Posted June 20, 2007
This school is so great! We have been at Cyprus since it opened in 2005 and we love it. The teachers create a fun and engaging environment. They have found a great balance of structured learning, play and warmth. It is a school but I also feel like they truly love and care about my child. He is such a smart and amazing little guy - they have taught him so much!

Posted January 10, 2007
Our daughter has been extremely happy here. She has changed dramatically in her ability to learn and get along with other children. She puts away her toys and projects after she is done, and she is learning Spanish!!! We love this school.

Posted July 23, 2006
Fantastic! My four year old is having a great time and is amazing us with what she is learning! The staff is great! I couldn't be happier!

Posted May 27, 2006
The program is fantastic! My child is learning so much and having a great time while doing it. We are so lucky to have found this place!

CSMA Academy of Fine Arts
13560 County Rd. 5, Burnsville, MN  55337
Last modified CSMA Academy of Fine Arts is a Private school that serves grades K-8
CSMA Academy of Fine Arts Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top