Posted August 01, 2014
This school is filled with teachers that don't care about their students and students that don't care about their education. A very negative and unsafe environment along with high stress standards.

Burnsville Senior High School 2

Posted May 21, 2014
I'm in my last year of attending this school, and it's occurred to me how much this school is declining. As a senior, I was promised all these benefits to being at the end of my schooling career, but in the end there is nothing to gain. The cafeteria's "renovation" only made it harder to find a seat, not to mention the bathrooms seemed more renovated than the rest of the school. There are a few very good teachers, but many of them just expect the kids to learn on their own, which is NOT how we learn. Lots of the curriculum was lack-luster and almost seemed thrown together at the last minute, just like the school. Too many kids, unfair treatment to some more than others, rude staff, and just an overall unfriendly environment. The only part of my "senior benefits" I've enjoyed is the senior campus. Going back to the main campus for half the day is a nightmare, because of the terrible parking lot. There's only one way to get in, one way to get out. There are so many reckless drivers that I'm surprised I haven't seen more accidents. This school needs a LOT of help still, and I wish I could have enjoyed it more, but this carelessness just proved to be a disappointing experience.

Posted December 01, 2013
BHS is a great school with a lot of opportunities for academics and athletics. Burnsville gets an unfair reputation sometimes. Most of that is untrue. Like any school, you are going to get out of it what you put into it. Great opportunities for students.

Posted October 25, 2013
It's a great high school with a ton of opportunities to get involved for students. It has the most college in the school offerings of any school in Minnesota.

Posted June 30, 2013
My son attended here and this was the worst for him. He always told me that BHS doesn't take education seriously, and now that I have seen it with my eyes, I agree. First of all, the new assistant principal was very rude to my son. My son is I.E.P. and he always accused my son of doing something wrong, evidently making him late to class taking to him, pulling him out of class talking to him, missing class time, and always harassed my son. My son had a teacher swear at him using profanity towards him and the assist principal told him some kids need to be told that. UNPROFESSIONAL SUPPORTING UNPROFESSIONAL! My son once, has never had a phone call home, never suspension, not even detention and he is getting treated this way. Also, the teachers did very little to help my son. Staff in the recourse room were very disrespectful to him when he comes and asks for help, get's questioned like a criminal when he arrives, and teachers would not make time to help my son when he would be on the verge of tears at the table doing his work, trying LIKE A GOOD STUDENT! His case manager barely met with him and helped him. This would be the last place on earth you would want to send your kids.

Posted August 31, 2011
If you child is an excellent student they may succeed here.The biggest concern is safety.Extremely large school building 10-12.My son said there was not a day that went by he did not see a violent fight.Never seems to be reported- teachers look the other way and students fearing retaliation do not report.If you can overlook safety concerns-and who can?Perhaps the gifted student will thrive otherwise give alternatives (private,online, open enrolling out of district)a try.

Posted May 09, 2011
I only had to attend this school for a couple of weeks before I realized just how bad this school is. First off, their public transport is more dangerous than riding in the bed of a pickup truck. Not only do they fill every seat on the bus, in the afternoon they have the isles and entries of their buses completely filled with students. Secondly, the teachers and staff don't care about the well-being of the students that are struggling in any area except for academics. But to be fair, I did have a photography teacher who would actually take the time to listen and truly care about any student that's going through a rough patch in their lives. But when it comes to the peers, a lot of them are very cruel. The violence is unacceptable. I have been physically threatened on a daily basis and many people have spread unthinkable rumors about me throughout the school. From October until November, I have been literally terrified to go to that awful place. I even had a teacher verbally harass me and when I struggled in that class, the teacher posted my grades to quite a few students that they know. I would highly advise to stay away if possible. I'm glad to now be a MNVA-HS student ever since.

Burnsville Senior High School 2

Posted November 02, 2009
Though it's not the worst school in the district, BHS is not the ideal school for a teenager to go into. While there are some nice, helpful teachers, the problems with the office staff is enough to want to leave the school. They don't care about the students at all. No one takes the time to actually listen to the students. All the school cares about is the rating in the eyes of the parents and other school districts. A select few teachers actually care about the students personally rather than academics. I did not have a good experience and would not recommend this school.

Posted October 13, 2009

Burnsville Senior High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
It is the only High School in the district, but it still feels as if your child is the most important. The school is very good about helping the student succeed to the best of their ability

Burnsville Senior High School
600 East Hwy 13, Burnsville, MN  55337
Last modified Burnsville Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burnsville Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top