Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers are outstanding, it's the students who refuse to listen to all the good that they have to say.

Amount of homework: Agree

for honors and AP it's reasonable, and for regular classes it's probably too much homework.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They say they care, but it's a total joke. Don't bother trying because you'll never be good enough.

This school is above and beyond the expectations I had as a student. The teachers are excellent.

Such a wonderful school! Plenty of opportunity for children to grow academically and socially. Teachers are outgoing and give all that they can!

This school is filled with teachers that don't care about their students and students that don't care about their education. A very negative and unsafe environment along with high stress standards.

I'm in my last year of attending this school, and it's occurred to me how much this school is declining. As a senior, I was promised all these benefits to being at the end of my schooling career, but in the end there is nothing to gain. The cafeteria's "renovation" only made it harder to find a seat, not to mention the bathrooms seemed more renovated than the rest of the school. There are a few very good teachers, but many of them just expect the kids to learn on their own, which is NOT how we learn. Lots of the curriculum was lack-luster and almost seemed thrown together at the last minute, just like the school. Too many kids, unfair treatment to some more than others, rude staff, and just an overall unfriendly environment. The only part of my "senior benefits" I've enjoyed is the senior campus. Going back to the main campus for half the day is a nightmare, because of the terrible parking lot. There's only one way to get in, one way to get out. There are so many reckless drivers that I'm surprised I haven't seen more accidents. This school needs a LOT of help still, and I wish I could have enjoyed it more, but this carelessness just proved to be a disappointing experience.

BHS is a great school with a lot of opportunities for academics and athletics. Burnsville gets an unfair reputation sometimes. Most of that is untrue. Like any school, you are going to get out of it what you put into it. Great opportunities for students.

It's a great high school with a ton of opportunities to get involved for students. It has the most college in the school offerings of any school in Minnesota.

My son attended here and this was the worst for him. He always told me that BHS doesn't take education seriously, and now that I have seen it with my eyes, I agree. First of all, the new assistant principal was very rude to my son. My son is I.E.P. and he always accused my son of doing something wrong, evidently making him late to class taking to him, pulling him out of class talking to him, missing class time, and always harassed my son. My son had a teacher swear at him using profanity towards him and the assist principal told him some kids need to be told that. UNPROFESSIONAL SUPPORTING UNPROFESSIONAL! My son once, has never had a phone call home, never suspension, not even detention and he is getting treated this way. Also, the teachers did very little to help my son. Staff in the recourse room were very disrespectful to him when he comes and asks for help, get's questioned like a criminal when he arrives, and teachers would not make time to help my son when he would be on the verge of tears at the table doing his work, trying LIKE A GOOD STUDENT! His case manager barely met with him and helped him. This would be the last place on earth you would want to send your kids.

Last modified Burnsville Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.