Burnsville, MN
Before care: Yes

Posted September 26, 2013
My daughter started Kindergarten this year, so we've only had a few weeks experience thus far. However, I can tell you that all the encouters I've had with every staff member have been wonderful. They always say hi in passing and are very helpful. My daughter ended up sick one day already this year and her teacher called that evening just to check on how she was doing. I think that speaks volumes! I was very impressed. Also, my daugher goes to Project Kids (the before and after school program) and again, the staff has been amazing and very responsive to my questions. So far I am very pleasantly surprised with our experience so far and can't wait for the rest of the school year. Tonight we have our first school social event and my daughter and I are really looking forward to it!

Posted September 12, 2013
I am the type of parent who has very high expectations for my sons and the teachers and staff at this school are top notch amazing, we will be relocating in a couple of months out of state and there will be tears on my end. Yes it is a very diverse school, but that's what makes kids knowledgeable about other cultures. The teachers do not yell.......and maybe if they have to be stern with a child it was needed. These teachers are here to teach YOUR children.....remember that before saying anything negative. I have never in the 5 years that my children attended Sky Oaks seen a teacher acting out of line. In fact it is far far from that. Amazing school.

Posted September 10, 2013
My grandsons attend Sky Oaks school. I have helped at classroom parties, field trips and had lunch with them. The staff is wonderful. Everyone from the office receptionist to the staff at PK. They always acknowledge my grandsons by name and make them feel important and special. They are exposed to many different cultures which is good for them to learn that people come from many different places and backgrounds.

Posted May 22, 2013
Sky Oaks Elementary is far from a military school! I have a 6th grader who has gone there since kindergarten and a 3rd grader. I have been very involved with this school and have seen none of what the negative reviewers have mentioned. The teachers, principal and staff have been nothing but wonderful to work with. Most of them go way beyond their duties as teachers to provide the best education to these kids. The principal knows each and every child and will be greatly missed as she retires this year. The school is not in decline in any way. The reviewer must not have been involved in this school as teachers do not "transfer out" of this school. We love this school, principal, teachers, students and staff!

Sky Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted January 23, 2013
Very disappointed in this school. Principal and teachers yell at students to discipline and gain control. Punishment is often used as a means of getting kids to do school work, rather than positive reinforcement. If you're seeking a military school for your child, you've found the right place. An eager learner and intelligent student, my child hated going to this school.

Posted November 07, 2011
I would like to know which teachers the first reviewer is talking about. The only teachers that have left in the past couple of years have left through retirement. Mrs. Fecke is doing a wonderful job and knows every single child that attends Sky Oaks by name (and there are over 600 students). The whole staff is wonderful!

Sky Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted June 01, 2011
School in steep decline mainly due to poor management by principal. Many good teachers transferring from school.

Posted April 27, 2010
As a parent with a child in Sky Oaks since 1st Grade. This school is an outstanding school who cares about thier students well being. This school is set up in way that it is all students can get around very easy from class to class.Even the family social worker is very helpful and friendly. The Principal at Sky Oaks Kay goes out of her way for each student and will say Hi to them in the hallways with her smile every day. Kay is a real good principal that always goes out of her way for the school. All the staff members at Sky Oaks are doing outstanding job for each student and works with thier parents in thier needs. Even if we are no longer in the Sky Oaks School Zone. I drive him to school for 2 years now.

Sky Oaks Elementary School 3

Posted October 04, 2009

Posted June 09, 2008
I have really enjoyed having my son go to Sky Oaks. I am sad we will not be returning in 08-09 school year due to us moving, but really love all the teachers and staff there. Expecially the first grade teachers. Thanks for a great year.

Sky Oaks Elementary School
100 East 134th St, Burnsville, MN  55337
Last modified Sky Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sky Oaks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top