Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Agree

I believe they try but it is a challenge when the student body is now around 1000 students but they do the best they can with a large school.

My daughter had a great experience but the school was less personal than Riverview, which was one of the schools that closed to create this school. My son on the other hand, who struggled academically, was told by the school, that he was not ready for school, rather than being offered the help that he needed.

Excellent teachers, dedicated staff, and a strong curriculum. Tremendous sense of community. We were sad to withdraw our children from CBPA when we moved away.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

My children's most current classroom teacher was very ineffective because of the the way she treated them and some other students. Students learn better when they enjoy school and are treated well by all staff. Mrs. Tokey is a good example of an effective teacher.

Amount of homework: Agree

Usually had four math problems for homework and I had my children write out their spelling words each day so they would remember them - max 15 minutes.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Some staff is not truthful. Staff don't provide students with an opportunity to talk and don't listen. Staff assumes many things. I personally took my children into the principal one day and told him he was going to listen to what they had to a say because he failed to give them the opportunity earlier in the day. Children deserve to be heard. Afterwards they felt it was a waste of time. They observed that he was wasn't looking at them some of the time. They were right. All of our encounters regarding issues during the 2014-2015 year with staff were a waste of time but it taught my children to stand up for themselves.

I have been told each year my children are good students. They are observant kids. My children enjoyed most of the specialty teachers and had little homework at CBPA. This is what you need to know:not all students are treated with dignity as stated in the core principles,there are many rules not all in writing- staff makes up,there is no grammar curriculum,one method of math is taught-regardless if your child does better with another,math and some literature is taught to the MCA test-the better the students do the better the school/teacher appear-doesn't account for outside help student received, advanced students in reading and math receive less time with the teacher and are partnered with less advanced students,partially structured recess grades 2+ - 1/3 of it spent doing a lap-about 10 minutes left for free play, little time for socialization,supplies are overstated and wasted,students not given a voice or listened to,teachers and admin. lie to students/parents,admin supports staff not students. Some staff are unprofessional,bullies, emotionally abuse students,and lack respect for students/parents. I strongly urge you to ask your child about each day and to listen. Staff will tell you to only believe 50% -this is to protect them. Remember staff is typically alone in the classrooms with the children. Fifth grade students are bus patrols and some abuse their power. Many parents drive their children to school because of bus issues. District & school admin are poor in dealing with issues and don’t care to resolve them. I believe this is because many don't speak up so staff continues to get away with things. One third grade female teacher during 2014-2015 was emotionally abusive toward my children, lied to protect herself,bullied students,retaliated when parents stood up,didn't listen to or allow students to have a voice,was a dictator, favored students of staff members, lacked manners and respect. Other students received this treatment too - yet she remains in the classroom and the principal and elem. super supported her. I am aware it is time consuming but advocate for your child so things change. Every year should be a positive one. We shouldn’t tolerate public staff beating down our children. Some staff are clearly there to collect a check and don't care about the students. I have removed my children because of some staff/admin and poor curriculum.

This school is fantastic. I open enrolled after two not so great years with our neighborhood assigned school. I love how warm and welcoming everyone is. I love they are more hands on learning. They do several field trips away from school, along with several in-house visits from the Coon Rapids Naturalists, Arboretum, Science Muesum, etc. We have been there 2 years and could not be more happy. The principal is great as well as assistant principal. Love!

Last modified Champlin/Brooklyn Pk Acd Math Ensci is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.