No rating

Guardian Angels Elementary School

Private | PK-8 | 161 students

Living in Chaska

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $148,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $950.

Posted September 28, 2014

GA feels like a family; the students treat each other very well. Since the classes are small, the friendships between kids cross grade levels. It's so nice to see my younger child hugging the older kids, who act like protective older siblings. It's also wonderful how being smart and respectful is considered "cool" at GA. At most schools it is the opposite: being mouthy is what makes a kid popular. Not at GA. Come talk to the 7th & 8th grade boys at GA versus any other school & you will see what I mean. Academically, the kids are challenged; they go into high school & college extremely prepared. With the small class sizes, no child can "slip by;" all the kids get the attention they need to thrive. Plus, the small size allows kids to participate in everything from Quiz Bowl to Geography Bee. The result: kids who enjoy achieving & being involved, & who excel in leadership roles. Yes, we did lose some great families the last few years over concerns about declining enrollment (felt in most Catholic schools) & internal politics. It's too bad. However, we have also gained great new families as well! I am so glad we stayed. The staff is terrific & my kids are thriving. GA is awesome.

Posted August 5, 2014

Guardian Angels school has existed for over a hundred years. That kind of history, dedication, Catholic Identity, support, and love is what makes it a wonderful school. We are a community of people who care about the students and their families. We want the best for our students because you send us the best of what you have, your children. Guardian Angels is a wonderful school with dedicated teachers, small class sizes allowing for individual attention for your child. Come check us out anytime. A dedicated teacher at Guardian Angels School

Posted June 13, 2014

This school is in a free fall. Run don't walk to any other program in the area. A small unfortunate group of parents have run off the majority of good staff, and the politics is unbearable.

Posted February 7, 2013

The teachers are exceptional, caring, teach well to all different types of learners and instill Christian values into our children. Very impressed with what our children are learning and the loving, family-type atmosphere that they are experiencing.

Posted February 16, 2012

So many families have left because it seems that the reasons we originally sent our children to Guardian Angels seems to have gone away... it has become more of a private school (with lots of politics and challenges) than a Catholic school. Disappointing...

Posted January 24, 2012

12 of 13 of these glowing reviews came within the same few days of each other which should raise some suspicion to the reader. Having experience with this school I can say that it is a nice school, but there are better alternatives, including a very nice (and well-funded) public school option.

Posted January 4, 2011

Guardian Angels School is a wonferful school with dedicated teachers and staff who belive in Guardian Angels. Many of the teachers and staff's own children attend Guardian Angels or are alumni. Both the school and parish are a loving and faith-filled commnity.

Posted January 3, 2011

I believe the teachers and staff at Guardian Angels are devoted to each individual student's Christian formation, as well as academic excellence.

Posted January 3, 2011

My two girls attend GA, and when my son is old enough, he will too. The academics are fantastic, but what I really appreciate is that every decision made in the classroom has a purpose. This purpose is to teach the children to make good decisions based on Christian values.

Posted January 2, 2011

We have sent all 5 of our children to Guardian Angels school and it has been an outstanding experience. Strong sense of Christian values, patriotism and excellent academics are just the beginning. The 3 of our children that have already graduated from GA have gone on to excel in high school and college. The values they have learned at GA from teachers, fellow students and the school community at large are reflected in our kid's active involvement in their community and helping those in need.

Posted January 1, 2011

During our involvement with Guardian Angels, these are the experiences that have impressed us about GA: - Not only have our children always performed well on the standardized tests, but the school as a whole always seems to have higher standardized test scores than the other schools in our area. - My wife and I are really impressed with the catholic - based education our children have received at GA. We feel GA has helped instill a Christian sense of morality in our children that seems to be lacking in so many areas of our society these days. - Whenever our local paper prints the honor roll students for the three high schools in our school district, I always recognize a lot of former Guardian Angels Catholic Grade School Alumni on the lists. My oldest son is currently attending Holy Family Catholic High School. Not so long ago I asked him if he thought the GA experience was worth the time and money. He replied even though I was ready to be out of there at the start of my 8th grade year, I have to admit that GA prepared me well for High School. I knew at that point the GA catholic grade school education was worth every dime.

Posted December 31, 2010

Overall, the catholic and academic education our children receive is among the best. I feel they are totally prepared for high school when they graduate.

Posted December 30, 2010

We have a first grade student at Guardian Angels and couldn't be happier with the staff and their interactions with the students. Some parents worry about "which teacher" they get assigned - at GA I know that we won't have that concern as all the teachers are well qualified and love to teach. Because it is such a small school - it is easy for the parents to become involved in the school which makes it an even better education.

Posted December 30, 2010

I have been teaching at GA for many years and have always found a lot of love and care here. It feels like family. The relationships between the faculty, administration, and students are terrific. The school also has an excellent academic program along with a strong emphasis on being a Catholic school with teaching about social justice. The small class sizes makes it easier to reach each child and guide them to their full potential. Guardian Angels is a great placed to be.

Posted December 29, 2010

Our son started school at Guardian Angles in Kindergarten. We looked at many schools both Catholic and other private schools. We chose Guardian Angels for the small class sizes, high test scores, and wonderful Catholic community. We are so happy with our decision. Our son is now in the 2nd grade and he is thriving and loves the school. The school offers Spanish classes at all grade levels which is not something offered in the public schools. The technology at Guardian Angels is incredible. They have something called GA TV where students can participate in daily announcements in a real TV news room setting.

Posted December 29, 2010

We have sent all of our kids to this gem of a school community for the past 12 years. Guardian Angels has done an outstanding job preparing our children academically, socially and spiritually in a safe, caring Catholic/Christian environment. The small class sizes and dedicated/experienced staff are what stands out to us. Our children that have graduated to a college prep high school were very well prepared. The other school families are very involved and friendly. We feel blessed having this school in our community. I would highly recommend it for PreK-8th grade.

Posted April 21, 2010

Because the parents are happy there is such a wonderful school for their children to attend.

Posted May 23, 2008

My children love this school! It is very community oriented and has academics that are second to none. My 5th grader is doing the same work as an 8th grade cousin in the public school system. My children are able to celebrate their faith every day and have respect and compassion for everyone they interact with. I especially like the buddy system that encourages older students to mentor and mingle with younger students.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of St. Paul-Minneapolis

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

217 West 2nd Street