Bad
Good

"What's with the low test scores?" I wondered when looking to move to our home with Chaska Elementary as its assigned school. I needed to understand WHY in a city with top schools, does this appear to not match up. I met with the Principal and Dean of Students (both wonderful people!) and reviewed score breakouts. Much of the score is skewed down by students who are English language learners (imagine taking an exam in a language you are just learning!) The school works very hard to assist these kids, and I see that they add diversity which is important to me given that our kids live in, and will one day work in this melting pot that America is. When looking at results of kids in my daughter's demographic category, the scores are the same as all the other top schools in the district. My first grader reads at a 5th grade level with a 3rd grade comprehension level, and I am so impressed with how they break out kids in reading groups to ensure that all kids are challenged. She joins the 2nd graders for math rather than being stuck "learning" stuff below her ability level. I volunteer at the school, and love the positive energy and dedication of the staff at Chaska Elementary.

We have been so amazed by the dedication of the staff at this school! My child loves going to school each day and really feels appreciated there. The staff at Chaska Elementary School spends a lot of time working on reaching out to the students on a personalized level, while still holding interesting events like Cultural Day and Career Day. Having a degree in elementary education myself, I tend to have pretty high standards. I definitely feel that Chaska Elementary deserves all five stars.

CES has fabulous teachers and caring staff. My kids have thoroughly enjoyed their elementary education at CES, while being well prepared for their futures in middle school, high school and beyond.

This school is a little gem that we are so happy to have in our area. I am a parent of a special needs student and the adaptations and assistance he has received from CES has been wonderful. Every year we see more improvement and know a lot of that is from the support of the teaching staff at CES. Fun events are held throughout the year for the kids and families. Pizza and Bingo Night, Family Fun Night, Cultural Day, Career Day, Track and Field Day, along with many field trips for each of the grade levels.

Chaska Elementary is a GREAT school where the teachers, principal and staff are all committed to helping children learn and grow. I have three children who have very different learning needs. All three have been given attention they need to thrive. Further, it is one of the more socio economically and racially diverse schools in the District 112, which I feel enriches my children's experience and preparedness for life. The ranking by Great Schools does not do this wonderful school justice.

Last modified Chaska Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.