Public charter
Columbia Heights, MN

Posted May 17, 2014
I am a student at this school and it really isnt too much this school is grewat

Posted April 16, 2014
This school is the best place to work! The administration holds the staff to high expectations and this shows through in the test scores and the wait list. Families do not want to leave the school~that says a lot!

Posted April 13, 2014
I am a student at Global Academy. I'm also a fifth grader. All teacher are kind in this school. Students rarely act badly and when they do they always heal. I like my gym subject the best because the teacher does fun games that will improve your strength. My teachers help me achieve my high grade and if you don't pass a few tests we go with a helper teacher in the afternoon for extra help with the subject the aren't passing. I really never want to leave and I LOVE it here!! :)

Posted February 15, 2014
I am a student at Global. I have decent grades and never have too much assignments. This year I am in 5th grade. My teacher is very kind and cares for my learning. We do fabulous activities, tests once a week, and she stays with your level. If you feel like you're not being challenged, all you do is ask for harder math. I've asked to be booted to sixth grade math. Here I am. I'm almost finished with fifth grade, and next year (6th grade) I will doing 7th grade math. That's where I strike. That way, I can learn and achieve more.

Posted June 01, 2013
I have 4 kids at Global academy from the beginning till the present. We are very lucky to have this school for our children. As someone said in previous comments, because of its high academic, small classes, great and multicultural skilled teachers, respectful/sensitiveness and most importantly its great leadership, Global Academy is like a free private school to us. Yes, my kids are Somali-American but it s NOT true that 98% of the students are Somalis. There are Arabs, Whites, African Americans, and Africans with immigrant parents, Latino though small number, other Asian descent such as Pakistanis, Afghanis, Bangladeshis and others. There is also a great deal of biracial students at Global Academy. This is successful diverse educational institution thanks to its leadership, the director, assistant director, board members and whoever supports it. IT S FIVE STAR SCHOOL!

Posted March 15, 2011
First I would like to say this school is friendly to Somali and Arab communities. My child is African American and my family deals with Somali and Arab communities anyway so it's not a big deal to us. My child has been attending since Kindergarten and is now in the first grade. He had a wonderful teacher for Kindergarten and another great teacher for first grade. The school is small and you get to know many of the staff there if you are involved with the school. Its a nice extended family atmosphere which is nice. In the beginning of the school year the school gives EVERY child a FREE uniform, FREE backpack, and FREE school supplies! Those are great perks!

Posted December 14, 2010
I have had two children here since its opening, and will be sad to have to put them somewhere else after they reach the max 8th grade. This is private school education at no cost. My children have never been better. There is a NO BULLY motto in effect here and it is for real. The school is friendly and cozy and you would not think it had such great facilities from looking at it because it is tucked away in a mall. It is true that the majority of the students are Somali and Arab, but my kids are neither and they are doing great. It is hard to get into this school and you may have to win a small lottery if you sign up late to get the few remaining spots.

Global Academy 3

Posted August 25, 2010
I am giving this school a neutural rating because I had my son signed up to start 1stg grade. It is a very studious school with good marks, uniforms and free lunch and supplies. There is a big BUT (well it was for me). About 98% of the students are Somali or Middle Eastern decent. Which is fine if you are of that race. My son is biracial and it is crucial to me to give him a nice diverse experience in school. I dont want him to be singled out if he doesn't have to be. The focus is Arabic- which is very cool- I just wish the demographics were a bit more diverse.

Global Academy
4065 Central Ave NE, Columbia Heights, MN  55421
Last modified Global Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Global Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top