Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Pine Hill Elementary School 5

Posted September 04, 2015
The school has a fresh new feeling. There is new administration and with the quality teaching staff it is a great place to send your child. I was very pleased with the education my children receive- challenging with the right amount of support.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 04, 2015
Amazing staff and principal that goes the extra mile for students and families. This is the place where students come first and everyone is focused on learning.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 04, 2015
Homework is given to students when it is appropriate but does not pile it on just because. Students are given support to complete it.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 04, 2015
This school is a PBIS school so they work to recognize student for positive behavior while also teaching to students who need extra help.

Posted December 03, 2014
Really bad they don't do anything I was there in a advanced math I never got homework

Pine Hill Elementary School 2

Posted October 29, 2013
To bad the principle finally said he "had to get to know ____" the last few months he was there. New principle everything is changing again. 3 principles so far. And no way of transferring child out of this school have tried since he started there. School district 833 is not where you want to be if you have special needs child. If A typical you will do fine not great but fine.

Pine Hill Elementary School 3

Posted April 02, 2013
Ok school. most of the teachers are great, of course your going to have a few that could use some work. The principal could use a TON of work. Lacks in communication skills, conflict resolution, and respect. That school could easily shoot up to a 5 star school just my removing him or sending him back to school. The admin staff in general I think tend to get a little thrown off when anything new comes to play, but over all are very nice people. The school is well organized and could be better if they just put a little thought into it.

Posted August 07, 2012
Lack culturally competent teachers. The principal lacks leadership skills and shows no concerns or respect the wishes of parents. The school lacks outside activities for the children to be involved in. I would not recommend this school. I'm happy to transfer my son to another school within the district.

Pine Hill Elementary School 5

Posted October 10, 2011
Pine Hill has been an excellent school. I commend them on their discipline structure/program and think the teachers are great. I especially like the involved principal - hands on and approachable. I am a very pleased parent and would recommend this school!

Posted April 23, 2009
My son's teacher this year has been less than cooperative. If I do not receive anything about my son during the trimester, then tell me in conferences that he is a disciplinary problem, this does not help me or my son in correcting the problem. Also, if I request that his work be sent home every day, I would like a reasonable excuse as to why my wishes have not been met. It is unreasonable to expect a small child to do all the week's schoolwork over the weekend - that is punishing not only him, but the parents who have plans for that weekend. If I want to see my child's progress through the week, that is my right as a parent. I am very unhappy with this school and I am glad my son will no longer be in this district next year.

9015 Hadley Ave South, Cottage Grove, MN  55016
Last modified Pine Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pine Hill Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top