Cottage Grove, MN

Posted October 28, 2014
We have 2 children who attend Grey Cloud. We have nothing but great things to say about the school and the entire staff. Very impressed!

Posted May 10, 2013
I have 3 children at this school, from Kindergarten to 5th grade. The principal is AMAZING!!! She attends every before or after shool activity: Choir concerts, band concerts, orchestra, student of the month appreciation breakfast, Thunderbash, Rollerskating night, Movie night, etc. I don't know how she does it. She knows all of the kids and is always smiling and welcoming to everyone. My kids are excited when they see the principal. Along with the basic reading/math classes, etc. my children have art, gym, spanish and orchestra. All my children are thriving and like to tell me all they have learned. I actually LOVE this school and love to attend all of their events. I've had teachers contact me when they notice any different behavior in my children to make sure everything is o.k. They have asked if they can help them more in certain subjects. I even had 1 teacher call just to tell me how much they enjoy my child in class. Everyone is always so nice.

Posted December 14, 2012
I have two children who attend Grey Cloud currently in 3rd and 5th grade. I can't say enough about the staff, the teachers, and the parental support. I feel very fortunate to be a part of such a great elementary school.

Posted October 04, 2012
We recently relocated to the area and could not be more pleased with Grey Cloud. The Principal and teachers provide a welcoming atmosphere for all students and are great educators. The class sizes are a good size- nothing compared to the overcrowding at the last school- which was loud and out of control. The kids also have opportunities at Grey Cloud that they did not have at their last school (Spanish and Art for example). Our experience at Grey Cloud so far has been great and we look forward to the years ahead.

Posted November 06, 2005
This is my childs first year at this school and I could not be more impressed. He is in 1st grade and comes home with 'paper' everyday. His teacher has been very up front with what she expects from not only him but also us as parents. There is a weekly newsletter that is sent home every week along with the weeks spelling words and what they are going to be doing for math. The school functions have also drawn great support from the families in the area. All in all, I am very impressed with this school and am looking forward to sending both of my boys there.

Grey Cloud Elementary School 4

Posted June 13, 2005
Wow, February's review sounds like sour grapes. My kids have been at the school for a cumulative 14 years. While some teachers don't use parent volunteers directly there are several other programs such as art enrichment and tutoring that all teachers use in their classrooms, and a program called Watch Dogs that asks for parents to supervise every day before and after school on campus. While I wish there were more enrichment programs, let's face it our state has not been supporting education. Resources go towards testing due to federal mandates, not classrooms. This school consistantly scores as one of the hightes in the district on those mandated tests. There must be good teaching going on.

Grey Cloud Elementary School 2

Posted February 11, 2005
Seems there is no good supervision. My childs teacher does not allow any parent involvement in her classroom. Makes me wonder what is REALLY going on. There are children getting after other children and the teacher lets it happen. And they don't even put their names on their work. Many times my son has come home with other childrens work. The available music, and sports is good. It also seems that the teacher has too big of a class and she can not handle it. I am a very upset disapointed parent.

Grey Cloud Elementary School
9525 Indian Blvd South, Cottage Grove, MN  55016
Last modified Grey Cloud Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grey Cloud Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top