Duluth, MN
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The Montessori School of Duluth, located in the Hunter's Park/UMD area of Duluth, is a private, nonprofit, non sectarian school serving 75 students in grades PK -6.
June 20, 2014

Posted December 18, 2014
We send both of our girls to the Montessori School of Duluth. In addition to following the Montessori method, this particular school benefits from a great location, experienced teachers, a dedicated Board of Directors, and an awesomely renewed spirit as led by its new Head of School, Joel Young, and Director of Administration, Lindsey Young. My kids will be there for the next decade.

Posted December 11, 2014
This school is amazing! We have been enrolling our children for several years because we believe in this particular school and type of education it has to offer. Our children receive great 1 on 1 attention and are given freedom to choose their work and pace in this prepared environment. The school did go through some change over the past year as noted in other reviews, but just when I thought the education and school couldn't get any better it did! The new head of school and administration is amazing and are offering my children a superior education. One of a kind. The location of this school is tucked away in a residential and family friendly neighborhood on beautiful grounds. It's an inviting school house where the staff go out of their way to make you feel part of this small community. I highly recommend contacting the school for a site visit and to learn more about the amazing Montessori education provided here at Montessori School of Duluth!

Montessori School of Duluth 4

Posted December 09, 2014
My daughter is given so much care and attention by staff in this small setting and I feel it has been the best possible learning environment for her. The staff truly appreciate the children's character traits and strengths while also being aware of areas that need extra attention. Staff have been nothing but respectful and responsive to any and all concerns. The new administration has brought great energy to the school and I continue to feel very thankful my child has this learning environment. Would highly recommend a site visit and meeting with the head of school if interested in learning more!

Posted October 14, 2014
Truly love this school! Teachers are top notch, location is wonderful, outdoor play areas I could not love more. So happy I made this choice for my children!

Posted August 04, 2014
A fantastic school with an incredible history and incredible future! We are so excited for our new head of school and wonderful teachers! The school's campus in a quiet, peaceful neighborhood is second to none. The building and grounds are perfectly designed for little learners. We feel so lucky to leave our children in the care of these dedicated educators. Sadly, some past parents spent years trying and continuing to try and undermine the school as they have created a competing school. It is sad that they are so misguided in their approach to Montessori and childhood education.

Posted July 20, 2014
I have long stopped being angry at this school and wish everyone there well, especially the teachers and the beautiful children. Yet I believe it is fair to warn other families about this school. Please imagine something very bad happening to your child at school. This school will likely not believe your child and "what really happened" will be whatever the administration said happened. This school has a long history of responding to problems by attacking those who raise them; by driving families out; by treating parents with arrogance; and by putting the image of the school above the interest of the children. I wish problems like this had only happened to our family but I've now met parents with similar experiences going back decades. And I don't believe anything has changed.

Posted April 30, 2014
Our child has attended the Montessori School of Duluth for several years now and we have been very pleased with the quality of education she is receiving! This past year a few parents appear to have had personal issues with the previous administration but our experience, and the experience of numerous other families we have come to know at the school, has been nothing but positive. We are very excited about the changes and new direction and are happy to be part of a school with such a wonderful history and dedication to providing Montessori education to this area! Wonderful, caring teachers and staff and located in a great, safe, quiet residential area.

Posted April 25, 2014
For years my children loved this school and their teachers but it didn't last. In the end they were coming home crying. Bullying, mean words from staff to the children, and more. The administration is so poor that instead of fixing these problems, they simply cover them up and pretend like nothing is wrong. Sad.

Posted April 23, 2014
There are/were some good things about this school. At first it seems good, but I can not recommend it. Kids don't come first, the business does. Be very careful not to get on the bad side of the family that runs the school.

Posted April 19, 2014
I am very excited to see that next year the Montessori School of Duluth will have 2 children house rooms again; one of the teachers has been there for a long time, and another will be new and can learn from the other. Montessori is a great way to learn life lessons! This school has been around for over 30 years and has alot of experience behind it. The finances are stable and the location is a beautiful, quiet neighborhood, without much traffic near the area.

Montessori School of Duluth
313 Mygatt Ave, Duluth, MN  55803
Last modified Montessori School of Duluth is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Montessori School of Duluth Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top