Posted July 28, 2015
This school has been of great benefit to our family. We have experienced teachers that can teach to each students specific needs and really appreciate the balanced class sizes. Our kids have particularly benefited from the strong math and science teaching. We also very much appreciate the way that faith is integrated into all aspects of the day. The staff and teachers are attentive to us as parents and also are committed and focused in their work of preparing young people for the future ahead of them. Highly recommended.

Lakeview Christian Academy
Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 17, 2015
Head master routinely holds students in his office with door blocked to intimidate and warn other students to not question his authority.

Lakeview Christian Academy 3

Posted July 17, 2015
Lakeview Christian Academy is not the school it used to be. It lacks strong leadership in its' school board to effectively carry out its' own mission statement. The administration of this school lacks strong moral character and integrity. I would say that the head of school is an intimidating bully. A few of the instructors, particularly at the high school level, lack competence as well as compassion. This is too bad because prior to the current administration, Lakeview really was a bright, shining light in this community. It's sad to see it going downhill. Until this school can "right its' ship", parents would be wise to look at other options.

Posted March 16, 2015
My daughter has been at LCA for 5 years and academically she is a good year ahead of our friends children who are in public schools. Student test scores for high school students are at the same level as Marshall school or better and above those of the Duluth public schools. I hate to see people make false comments on the board without facts and figures to back their comments. This school is more like a family than a school and children are free to grow academically without the fear of bullying that is so often present in the public schools. Most importantly, they are being taught a Christ centered education.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 23, 2014
Lakeview Christian Academy is a great school. This school is academically strong for all my children, elementary and middle school. The teachers push their students to do their best academically and in character development. We look forward to what Lakeview will provide in high school as well.

Posted April 23, 2014
My school is filled with teachers who genuinely know, love, and care for my four children. The expectations set for the students are high. This leads to a high level of achievement. I am thrilled to send my children to Lakeview Christian Academy.

Posted April 23, 2014
This is our second year at Lakeview Christian Academy and we plan to send our children here for years to come. The school's student code of conduct is one we believe is of the utmost importance- Not only in school, but in life. There is a true feeling of family in that Everyone has our children's best interests at heart. We are blessed to have the opportunity to send our children to LCA.

Lakeview Christian Academy 2

Posted April 23, 2014
The public high school honor classes are more academically challenging then most high school classes at Lakeview Christian Academy. Their high school education is not very good. Children will not be challenged enough in this education. The high school is lacking. Would not recommend sending a child here for high school ever.

Lakeview Christian Academy 1

Posted April 23, 2014
This school had a very poor high school education. I had a student here whom I pulled out due to poor education. A public high school is fair better then this school. If parents want a public school Marshall High School is far better! My student here also experienced bullying from students and teachers! Teachers would be very mean to my student as well as the children. I would never recommend this school to anyone due to poor education and bullying from not only the students but teachers as well.

Posted April 03, 2013
I have chldren in the elementary grades at Lakeview and I have appreciated the Christian manner in which all circumstances are dealt with. I know my children are not perfect, and it is reassuring that the faculty and staff follow a Biblical approach of engagement when addressing the positive and negative aspects of my children's academic performance and social behavior. Thankfully, there is still a place where absolutes are taught in a loving and caring environment without compromise. If you are thinking about a genuine Christian education for your children in a safe, small school environment, Lakeview is a great choice.

Lakeview Christian Academy
155 West Central Entrance, Duluth, MN  55811
Last modified Lakeview Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Lakeview Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top