Duluth, MN

Posted January 07, 2014
Lowell School continues to strive for excellence. The parents, staff and principal work hard to maintain high achievement and a safe welcoming education for k-5 students. We include world music residencies for every grade level, involve students with service learning projects addressing local and international needs, maintain a school garden and encourage technology discovery with new Chrome books and iPad tools. The Duluth Public Schools has adopted a set of goals for the next four years and Lowell School strives to meet those goals by providing differentiated instruction to all our students. If you are looking for a school in Duluth come visit us, we would love to show you around.

Lowell Music Magnet Elementary School 3

Posted September 29, 2010
This is my child's second year at Lowell after attending school elsewhere. The facility itself is still new and quite nice. Lowell is no longer a music magnet as of this year. The district is in disarray and many new teachers and students are being dumped into the facilities that remain open. This is apparent in the level of inconsistency of many of the processes and programs. Administration a quite loose, some of the basics are not being handled well. I am not from Minnesota, so I was astounded that at the very high state tax levels the schools were still out of money. The push to support fund raising activities through the students is beyond belief. The school is "OK". However if there were non-religious private school options in Duluth I would enroll my child there.

Posted March 25, 2008

Lowell Music Magnet Elementary School 3

Posted March 14, 2008
PROS: Clean , new building! Good parking! CONS:poor connection between teachers and administrative. children hates school discipline room! great % below average teachers. PTA just somehow effective.

Posted February 08, 2004
Lowell Elementary is an excellent school. Monte Wittman, staff and teachers go the extra mile to know their students individually and to support the students and familys. My children loved going to this school. My daughter started with the music program and is playing the viola in high school now. My son was 18 months behind in reading and fine/gross motor skills when we moved to Duluth in 1996. He is now making A's and B's in middle school. I only wish the school would be a K-12 school; and, would highly recommend Lowell Elementary to everyone who moves to or lives in Duluth.

Lowell Music Magnet Elementary School
2000 Rice Lake Rd, Duluth, MN  55811
Last modified Lowell Music Magnet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lowell Music Magnet Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top