Eagan, MN
Students enrolled: 2,242

Eagan Senior High School 1

Posted July 23, 2014
Eagan High School is rated fairly high according the new test scores but it is just a factory with way too many students plus includes the Middle School in the same facility. If you can afford it send your child to a private school with fewer students. If you do send your child to EHS make sure you let the teachers know you care about your child and meet with them as much as possible. Home Schooling kids score better in MN and you can have your child "do" High School via computer with certified teachers free too without sending them off to this giant brick box which just is a processing plant for thousands. Frankly, they just don't care-too many kids being pumped through.(Except for the surface politeness BS for the parents.)

Eagan Senior High School 3

Posted September 23, 2013
If you are thinking of sending your child there as "the new kid" please don't. This school is designed for either very academically high students or for star athletes. Not meant for the average joe. The students that attend this school are very cliquey. They do not want anything to do with outsiders. You will have to try very hard to make friends in this school. The principal is nice yet he makes students feel less of themselves, which is not very motivational. The school is far too big and you can easily get lost, with no one to help you. There are many extracurricular opportunities for students. The workload plus after school activities can get very stressful. If you go here prepare to have a lot of work on your hands.

Posted March 22, 2013
Eagan High School has been led by the same administration since it opened 20+ years ago. Time for a new perspective and fresh attitudes. If you're not a superstar athlete, academic, or actor, you're out of luck. The school does not know what to do with average kids. Lots of needless pressure with teachers who don't even recognize that your child is in their class! Too big, too much stress, with outdated ideas about how to manage it all!!! Look elsewhere!!!

Eagan Senior High School 3

Posted November 28, 2012
Eagan High School is a high school with both stellar students and underachievers. Therefore, it is my belief that it is hard to determine the school as either a great school or otherwise. However, I will confidently state that the school was very draining when it came to the way that the curriculum was structured (the short lunch period doesn't help either.) It is possible to become very successful after attending Eagan High, but I found that success to be at the cost of constant sleepless nights and amounting stress. The school wants it's students to do as much as possible to succeed, and, consequently, I noticed my peers either seemed to give up or overwork themselves. In retrospect, I was never truely happy while attending; it just wasnt right for me.

Eagan Senior High School 1

Posted February 09, 2011
I think that Eagan is a very mediocre school with bad standards. Their productions are ok, and after school activities are mediocre as well. The offer very less honors classes, making it hard for a student to keep an honors ranking, when compared with students taking 5-6 honors classes every year. In my opinion, between Eagan, Apple Valley, Rosemount, and Eastview, any other school would be better...

Posted June 28, 2010
The school does not cater to everyone, often neglecting the needs of academic achievers. The coursework is not diverse and does not offer many advanced or honors classes. Many of the teachers are mediocre and the school is not socially or economically diverse. The typical student is one who takes average classes, is greatly social, and has no concern for matters outside of his or her little bubble financed by the parents. If you like to party, stay well dressed, and criticize those who favor academics, then this school is a perfect fit. However, academically gifted students looking for opportunities will probably be better suited at another school. But that's not to say that I haven't had great moments while attending the school. Some of the best teachers I have had are from this school, but those instances are much too rare to consider the school as a favorite of mine

Eagan Senior High School 0

Posted April 10, 2010
My daughter graduated in 2009 and was recognized by colleges being a graduate of Eagan High School. It has a stellar reputation amongst some of the finest colleges. She was well prepared for college after having attended EHS. Dr. Reikowski is the heartbeat of that school and is an amazing principal and person. She has created a great staff. Great community/parent involvement, respectful student body. Fantastic school!

Posted March 11, 2010
Through class size expansions, lackluster attention to students, and an no attention to frivolous budgetary decisions, I am embarrassed to attend a school that cannot support the interest of any student.

Eagan Senior High School 5

Posted December 05, 2009
This school is great, the technology is up-to-date and even advanced in most areas. the educators are knowledgeable and the facility is quite well kept. even though Eagan is not known for there athletics, their Speech and Debate teams are nationally ranked, as well as the their Drumline which is also nationally acknowledged

Eagan Senior High School 0

Posted December 12, 2008
I think that Eagan prepared me for life in more ways than any other institution I've ever experienced. I loved every teacher I ever had there and always felt like they cared about me. I was challenged to do my best. Also, I feel very luck to have gone to a school in which the arts were such a priority. I was given a lot of great opportunities in theatre and choir, two activities which I have carried on to my later life due to the encouragement I experienced at EHS. I love Eagan. I still go back to visit some of the greatest people ever... like Schafer, Melchior, Wartman, Anker, and Pehl.

Eagan Senior High School
4185 Braddock Trail, Eagan, MN  55123
Last modified Eagan Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eagan Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top