Bad
Good

My son is finishing up his 3rd year at Glacier Hills. He and I both absolutely love the school. The principal and staff really care about the success of their students. We had one teacher in 2nd grade who was not so great, but everything else has been wonderful. I highly recommend Glacier Hills.

Our children recently starting this school and we cannot say enough about how wonderful it is! If you are looking for a school community where inquiry is number one this is the place. The teachers are data driven and really take the time to know and understand the students. Expectations are high. Projects are relevant and challenging. The opportunities are endless! One great school!

This school seemed very good from the outside. My sister goes to this school, and is always bugging me. She says they have more smart boards, better equipment, and that it is a "STEAM" school. All this stuff sounds great, but theres things about it that really annoy me. Firstly, every 3 years we got lice ( which is about average). But once my sister went there we got it 3 times in a row in less than 6 months! And yes, we thoroughly cleaned the house and slept on anything that we hadn't been (which meant sleeping bags and towels). This very negatively effected all of us because we are so busy. It was falling asleep in my own classes because I didn't get enough sleep at night. The second thing is that they are always asking for money. No matter how much money the get from the government, they still want the kids to go around the neighborhoods collecting money. It is a very rude and tricky way of getting money. "Hey, no one could say no to an innocent little 1st grader!". Lastly, they are always getting the kids to pay money for things IN the school. So far we have been asked to rent roller skates (we already had some, but they said we could only rent) and to buy wrist gaurds. ??

Such a great school and environment for children to learn and grow. My daughter started her 1st grade and loves her teacher Ms Lyons who has the magic to influence, empower, motivate and respect her students. You will find everyone here, right from the front office desk, nurse,principal with such genuine kindness and dedication. We love Glacier Hills!

My son is a Kinesthetic Leaner. Because of all the teacher complaints I took him to 2 different psychologists both of them said he was normal. One of them indicated he was likely gifted. The school continued to complain about my son and then suggested I put him on medication, after I told them he had seen 2 different professionals. It is interesting considering all the complaints I listened to and all the action I took because of their issues. Thankfully my son has parents who are educated and have resources and we aren't afraid to contact professionals. This school doesn't do well with Kinesthetic Learners. My experience has been constant negative comments and very little positive comments from teachers.

I agree that a sense of community for parents is a tough win here. Though I've made friends with other parents, the volunteer opportunities don't lend themselves to community building, primarily because the parents here are working, hard. The sense of community for kids, though, is amazing. DD doesn't like time off of school unless we have a major trip planned. She adores here teachers, is exposed to students from a variety of backgrounds, and is well cared-for in every aspect. The social climate has been carefully nurtured and it shows. I also agree that a certain lack of focus prevents the maximizing of all of the opportunities, but you can't have this truly creative, divergently-thinking, growth fostering environment if the group is hung up on every missed opportunity. Glacier Hills strikes a fantastic balance. It's not perfect, but it doesn't pretend to be. It's goal is constant innovation an excellence, and they reach it on a daily basis.

Glacier Hills is a fantastic learning community. I feel that my children have opportunities to celebrate diverse perspectives through the arts and science inquiry. Teachers are high quality, caring, responsive, and willing to go the extra mile to make learning creative, fun, and relevant.

Excellent facility, wonderful staff and teachers, great principal! Just couldn't ask for anything more!!

Glacier Hills Arts and Science Magnet School has wonderfully involved teachers and principal. Their focus on art and science is forward thinking and provides wonderful experiences for the students.

I love that when I go in to the school, it's peaceful and quiet, and all the children are having their needs met. I have volunteered there, and know that some of the children come from homes with big challenges. But everyone has a beautiful, peaceful, loving place to come to, with an excellent science and art curriculum. The school pays close attention to the emotional and social needs of the children, as well as to their intellectual needs. I love this school, and it keeps me in this town.

Last modified Glacier Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.