Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted April 21, 2016
Both my children attend Thomas Lake and I must say I am very pleased with the academics this school has to offer. The teachers are helpful, kind and are very easy to communicate with. In addition, I like the fact that my children are continuously challenged in class and are not just being taught all they "need" to know at their grade level.

Thomas Lake Elementary School 1

Posted February 05, 2014
Thomas Lake Elementary School is lovely for kids without any learning disabilities; but frankly rates very poorly when it comes to remediation for any Specific Learning Disability. The principal is unresponsive to parents when there are issues regarding teachers or curriculum. I expected the IEP process to take less time after my child was diagnosed with ADHD and dyslexia. Instead, it took a year to get the IEP in place, and then it didn't adequately address her needs. I was told dyslexia "wasn't recognized." By who? Eventually, I sent my daughter to Groves Academy and paid thousands of dollars per year to have her properly remediated. She's now at Eastview and an AP scholar.

Thomas Lake Elementary School 3

Posted April 09, 2013
The rating I offer is average, which is much below my expectations. My kid has gone through the school the elementary and I finally have a good idea about the school academic performance since I am networked with number of parents around TC. This is a typical public school, that means maintaining the status quo i s the priority. If you expect your child to be a high achiever, there are better schools elsewhere. If you want your kid to learn something and have fun while you are busy at work, this can work for you. If I had to do it all over again, I'd find a school in Edina or put the kid in to a school with better performing kids.

Posted July 05, 2012
If you are looking to move Eagan MN, I would highly recommend that you move into the Thomas Lake Elementary boundary. This is an absolutely WONDERFUL school with GREAT teachers. My youngest child graduated from the 5th grade this spring and we are very sad to leave -- its been a very positive experience for all 4 of our children at Thomas Lake.

Posted March 19, 2010
All of the teachers we have encountered through the years are wonderful!

Posted January 10, 2010
I have two boys presently enrolled at Thomas Lake. They ride on the bus and participate in after school sports and Scouts. The instruction and care given to all the students is excellent. I've often attended lunch and reccess with the kids. I know most of the parents my kids play with. The school is not exempt from the same problems we all deal with at work. Parents that are unable to help the school improve probably put the same pressures on their co-workers. Blaiming the school is not the solution.

Thomas Lake Elementary School 2

Posted January 09, 2010
Our child has gone here for 3 years and we've found the principal and teachers to be unresponsive. They say they're addressing concerns then we find out our child is behind. Not to mention there is no consistancy from one grade to another. You start over at square one every year. We're looking at moving our child due the issues.

Posted April 29, 2009
My son is in Kindergarten and has Autism. Mr. Lofquist is so patient and my son really loves him, he is an awesome teacher. He receives so much help and support from all the teachers. Great School!

Posted February 21, 2007
This school is wonderful. The teachers are the best. We are a military family and between our 4 kids, we have been in 4 different elementary schools. We have never had the overall quality we found at Thomas Lake. We were pleasantly surprised by all the extra things the kids can get involved in at this level. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Thomas Lake Elementary School 4

Posted December 09, 2004
Great lunchroom worker bees (Karen Leiferman and Carla). The special ed program is excellent!

Thomas Lake Elementary School
4350 Thomas Lake Rd, Eagan, MN  55122
Last modified Thomas Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.