Bad
Good

Woodland Elementary of District 196 in Eagan is the equivalent of getting a personalized, private education included in your property taxes for free. Between the helpful attitude of the teachers and staff, the overall teacher-to-student ratio, and parent volunteers helping individual students and/or small groups on a daily basis, Woodland is the model elementary school you want your students to attend

I went to this elementary school (an undisclosed) number of years ago. Not only was my intellect nurtured in this school, but it thrived. I've had a very successful academic career, and I am adamant that NONE of it would have happened without the amazing instruction, phenomenal support, and unwavering encouragement I received when I was a student here. I look back at my time as a student here as some of the best years of my life and, although time and circumstances have taken me to other states as the years have passed, I know that, if I decide to have children, I will be returning to Eagan for the sole purpose of having them attend this institution. They helped save me as a child; I can't say enough wonderful things about this place; moreover, the fact that the same teachers are here as when I was a student speaks to the dedication of the staff. Mr. Langhager was an amazing man, and he built an amazing school. RIP. ~Ivory T.

The awesome teachers and families! Go Wildcats!

The kids, parents and teachers are unbelievable. It succh and incredible community. My children are eagar to learn in this wonderful school.

The teacher's really care about our kids education. The administration is outstanding!!!! A real family atmosphere~nurturing, happy environment. We open enroll and are so thankful for Woodland!!!

Great teachers and leadership. The staff also works incredibly with parents to gain their involvement!

The staff is amazing... the education is top notch, and it has a very friendly atmosphere... :)

We have the best support and interested parents in the school. The children are great to work with.

We are new to the district and after extensive research moved here specifically for the schools. I'm thrilled with the level of education, attention to student and parent needs, and the quality of teaching staff. This is a gem of a school, much like a private school within the public school system. The principal is new, but hard working, smart, and well respected by students and staff. This is a marvelous school.

This school was the best Elementary school in the district until the original principal retired. Unfortunately, the students are now expected to act like miniature grown-ups, and there is no attempt to encourage them to be creative, successful individuals. Parent involvement has declined signficantly, and the sense of school pride is gone. Find another school that will foster your child's spirit, and let them be the best they can be.

Last modified Woodland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.