Eagan, MN

Posted June 04, 2014
This is not just a school, it's a wonderful community! Your child will benefit from: (1) small class sizes (2) dedicated, excellent teachers (3) a high quality education (4) being part of a school community where service & character development are built into the learning environment (5) learning about & acting out our Catholic Faith along with their school friends as part of their daily life. Things it's hard to put a value on - 8th Graders sitting next to Kindergarteners at Mass, 8th graders leading multi-age teams at Track & Field Day, teachers who know your child's favorite book, color & animal, teachers willing to shave their heads for a cause, so many great families working together to help out the school. We researched & toured 4 local schools. We are very happy with the education & learning community at Faithful Shepherd Catholic School! We highly recommend it!

Posted February 20, 2014
We love Faithful Shepherd Catholic Scool in Eagan! The teachers and Prinicipal are kind and caring. The Prinicipal actually greets each student outside the front door each morning. Weekly Mass is held each Wednesday morning in the school gym with all 500+ students and dozens of parents in attendance. The school facilities are modern and the school spirit couldn't be better. Many team sports are offered to the students and the school competes against other area Catholic schools. The parents are friendly and very involved in school functions. The school provides several social networking and fundraising opportunities including the annual Septemberfest Rock With The Flock event. Faithful Shepherd is a feeder school to several private High Schools in the area including Cretin Derham Hall, Saint Thomas Academy, Visitation and Holy Angels. We are very pleased that we chose to send our daughter to Faithful Shepherd.

Posted October 24, 2013
If you are looking for an academically excellent school, loving environment, amazing community of parents and a faith-based education for your child, your search is over. Faithful Shepherd has all of this and more. Ranked in the top 20% nationally in academics, Spanish starting in Kindergarten, ranked in the top 25 private schools in the Twin City area and an amazing group of teachers. I strongly disagree with the teacher reviewer below. My family has been in this school for most of the time she quoted and Faithful Shepherd maintains a fantastic group of teachers. Check us out! You won't be disappointed. We welcome you to our amazing community of families.

Posted October 24, 2013
At FSCS we have experienced a sense of community, faith-based, action-oriented school curriculum, and now we cannot imagine anything else! We have had excellent teachers, each time a perfect fit for how my child learns in the classroom. The principal is an excellent leader and is involved, and is a positive presence in the school. The parent community is involved, friendly, and just a fun bunch of people. Some of my favority things about our school include: UNIFORMS! (less laundry at home, and kids get to know each other at school for their interests and personalities), Catholic mass each week (singing songs they know, with priests from each parish), Catholic education each day (little to no additional classes outside of school required for sacramental prep), and the rotating schedule of specialists each week (Spanish, art, computer, gym, library, and music). I love that as my children get into middle school (FSCS is K through 8) they will be in an environment that supports them through preteen, instead of an enormous middle school where they are expected to grow up too fast. Really, I could go on and on about what I love about FSCS!

Posted October 24, 2013
Choosing a school for our children was a hard decision; we liked the faith-based values and excellent education at Faithful Shepherd but we live in District 196 with excellent schools, does it really make sense to pay to go to Faithful Shepherd? YES, YES, YES! Nothing could have prepared me for how perfect this school is for our children and our family as a whole. The educators, students and families associated with this school are wonderful people and provide our children with an amazing education and community.

Posted May 01, 2013
We love this school. We moved our kids from the local middle school to Faithful Shepherd. It is a wonderful learning environment and academically challenging. My kids will definitely be prepared for High School. The teachers and leadership are caring, committed and thoughtful. We are not Catholic but love the Faith education. If I could do it again, I would have sent my kids there for elementary school, too. We feel blessed to be there!

Faithful Shepherd Catholic School 1

Posted January 03, 2013
I moved my child from this school two years ago after believing (and learning) that school leadership (Principal and Asst. Principal) was woefully unable to provide a compassionate and accepting environment for my child. We now attend another catholic school in the twin cities and the experience has been remarkably positive. Leadership is critical in the education of our children and although I am not accustomed (nor relish) writing negative reviews, the truth must be shared for the benefit of greater good. In summation, my personal experience at Faithful Shepherd Catholic school was one of misdirected blame and lack of faith values in the education and nurturing of my child.

Faithful Shepherd Catholic School 2

Posted June 23, 2012
This school has gone progressively downhill over the past 7 years. There is a rotating door of teachers, and all of the good ones seem to leave. Class sizes continue to rise and are now over 30 in the middle school. The administration seems more intent on filling seats than on providing a quality education. The school offers limited special needs services, but has more students who need services than it can handle. I would look elsewhere before sending my child here.

Faithful Shepherd Catholic School 0

Posted November 18, 2008
I recently graduated from 8th grade at this school; definitely recommended! This is one of the best elementary/junior high curriculums out there. The overall atmosphere is outstanding; Normally you would expect a teacher for this age group to be either horrifyingly rigid, or have a bad habit of patronizing students, but I can safely say that this is not the case with FSCS. The school population is a bit small, and while I was there, some cost cuts had been made...but do not let that hold you back. The school is amazing. -A very proud alumni

Faithful Shepherd Catholic School 3

Posted September 04, 2008

Faithful Shepherd Catholic School
3355 Columbia Drive, Eagan, MN  55121
Last modified Faithful Shepherd Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Faithful Shepherd Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top