Bad
Good

My son is just finishing up his K-6 career at Forest Hills and through all the district changes over the past few years, one thing has remained constant, the dedication of the teachers, staff and leadership at Forest Hills. I love the diversity that FH has and has exposed my son to many different cultures and appreciation of human difference. I can't think of another school in Eden Prairie I'd rather have him go.

I have twins at Forest Hills in separate classrooms and a step child the same age who attends a school in another district. Being able to continually see the difference between three teachers in the same grade across two districts has given me a unique perspective and a HUGE appreciation for what the teachers at Forest Hills are able to accomplish with my kids. They have thrived every year and are learning things in first grade that I am certain I didn't learn until junior high! This seems to be standard at Forest Hills, but the teachers are so wonderful that the kids think they're just doing fun projects and don't even realize they're learning real lessons and skills. They come home so excited to share about what they've done. The principal greets the kids when they get to school. It is a warm and friendly environment with great communication and incredible teachers. I can't imagine taking my kids to another school! We LOVE Forest Hills!

Amazing school. Without a doubt it should be a 10. We used to be in Montessori before we moved here and was worried about the transitions but this school is phenomenal. Some of the most exceptional teachers I've ever seen and a great principal. The proof is in the results. The highest MCA test scores in the district, highest ranking in the Star Tribute and only one of two schools in the district to get the highest ranking ("Reward School") according to Minnesota's new rating system. There really is no objective criteria that Forest Hills doesn't excel in. And on top of it, everyone there is very friendly and with high parental involvement. Also, the district underwent major changes in the last couple years so you really need to ignore older reviews.

We moved to FH from out of state where our 2 children had great experiences and learning in a Montessori elementary school (not pre-school). We worried about the transition to traditional. So glad this was the school we selected! Good teachers, good PTO and parent involvement, good principal, diverse student population, and great reading program / focus. Kids have excelled socially and academically -- and they love it. Not sure what else I would ask for!

Forest Hills is a wonderful school with amazing teachers. My children have excelled at Forest Hills. The teachers and leadership are very good at helping kids reach their full potential in academics. They also work on building each child's character with self-esteem and respect for each other and the community. Our family loves Forest Hills Elementary!

I now have two children attending Forest Hills. For over three years now I have had the opportunity to meet and work with several teachers and staff members and I can certainly say that they have all been wonderful. The teachers do push the students to do their best through the curriculum and the attention they give to each student. The principal and vice-principal are not just very open to parent involvement, but welcome it.

Forest Hills is such a salad bowl of diversity; everyone mixed into the school, different colors, different backgrounds, different finances, different religious heritages and practices, different languages, but all tossed together, distinct yet splendid together. The dressing in this salad is our committment and respect for each other on staff and our true love for the students, no matter what! I am a parent whose child went there 5 years and I have also worked at Forest Hills for 5 years. I am blessed every day I go to work there. My child is not color blind, she is "color enhanced" because of her experience at Forest Hills.

Excellent -Excellent School! When reading the reviews on this page look at the dates. Look for today's current information about the school. The principal cleaned house a bit when she came into the school a while back. The staff and teachers that are currently at Forest Hills are dedicated and outstanding teachers. My children attend Forest HIlls and love it. The community that is is invoked at the school is close, supportive and very forward thinking. There is a wonderfully diverse population at the school- socially,racially and economic. Having this real world exposure is so beneficial to kids and reflects the world we live in. This is a down to earth school without the feeling of having to "keep up with the Jone's" another great benefit. Call the school and take a tour with the principal,she's super! T2010-We had two of the top finalists for MN teacher of the Year

We had several students attend Forest Hills and another at Eagle Heights Spanish Immersion. Our children are now in accelerated classes at the middle schools. The teachers at Forest Hills are among the best in the state and are passionate about teaching all students. They help every child move forward. The teachers and administration team reinforced respectful behavior and effort from all students. Kindergarten is a little crazier the first few months, but children learn to get along with a diverse population at an early age. Our children enjoyed going to school here.

This school does not have alot of recess time

Last modified Forest Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.