Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I have two kids, both of whom spent their entire elementary education at Eden Lake, the youngest with one more year left. I have nothing but great things to say about this school. It was frustrating to have so much turnover with principals for a few years there, and that lack of consistency, as was some of the ideologies of one of the past principals . . . but that indeed all seems to be several years in the past. My youngest has really seemed to thrive this year, with awesome and educational projects all year long. Well done, Eden Lake staff!

We have had nothing but positive experiences at Eden Lake. There IS homework so some of these reviews are outdated, as I believe that was the case at some point. This school has gone through 3 principals since we started and I hope the current principal is there for awhile as Mr. Beekmann is amazing, my kids have so much respect for him.

We've moved from Bloomington to Eden Prairie two years ago and have been very pleased with the communication of the teachers and staff, the academics and the actives at this school. Everyone we've encountered has been very professional and easy to communicate with. The principal is so pleasant and our son respects and likes him.. Also a special shout out to Mr. Banks and the orchestra teacher. There are so many teachers and staff that deserve a special mention. We've had positive encounters with all of them. My son can be difficult, too. So he's been a challenge.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

There many first rate teachers at this school. I'd like to mention the hard working orchestra teacher.I'm amazed how far the kids have come in their abilities.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers and staff are always willing to communicate and are very opened to meetings when an issue arise. My son can be a challenge and I've always had a positive experience working on my son's social issues. He is now in advanced Math and I'm so happy that the school has made it possible for him to excel at his best subject. Well done!

This is a disappointing rating and not consistent with previous years. Our kids have been in this school for 2 years (now 2nd and 4th). Both of our kids are in the Key program and take accelerated classes in math, and have participated in after school programs in science, chess and film making. Like many schools, there is an emphasis on testing that tends to shift the focus away from higher performing students. I suspect with the results this year that will only increase. As a parent, if you get involved with your kids' education you'll find that the school has a lot to offer, but you cannot take that for granted. Schedule an appointment at the school and talk to the administrators. The information and comments here (including this one) only tell part of the story.

This, imo, is a horrid school! The no homework policy has had such a detrimental effect on many of the children, who as they enter higher levels of education have attained no skills in managing homework and organization and have not had any opportunity to learn sustained effort. It is also a very difficult school, imo, to get adequate services for children with special needs. Getting the SPED staff to perform an evaluation is, imo, very difficult at best. Sure the teachers and staff are smiling and nice when you enter the door, that, imo, is because they don't actually do anything to educate your child and they still get their paychecks nonetheless. I say run Run RUN from this school.

Eden Lake is average to slightly below. We have huge decrepancies within the district regarding standards and homework policies. Communication seems to be below what I am used to as well. If you are for no homework which reinforces daily learning then Eden Lake would be a good fit. I am more concerned about the seemingly real possibility that the reason we have a no homework policy is so that we can level the playing for the diversed population that we try to serve rather than some study that justifies their position of no homework. In essence, it seems we have lowered the requirement so that noone gets left behind but noone is stretching. The school receives 10,000 for ESL students to the 4,000 for English speaking students. We should be doing a better job of graduating ESL students to proficiency before immersing them into the mainstream classroom.

I never go into Eden Lake School that I don't wish I could be a student there. Outstanding teachers and administrators. It is fun to be a student there.

Eden lake is a great schools nice teachers good for kids who need extra help and has nice size rooms and smart bords wich are good for my tow kids who have truble seeig white bords

Last modified Eden Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.