Eden Prairie, MN

Eden Lake Elementary School 4

Posted April 06, 2013
This is a disappointing rating and not consistent with previous years. Our kids have been in this school for 2 years (now 2nd and 4th). Both of our kids are in the Key program and take accelerated classes in math, and have participated in after school programs in science, chess and film making. Like many schools, there is an emphasis on testing that tends to shift the focus away from higher performing students. I suspect with the results this year that will only increase. As a parent, if you get involved with your kids' education you'll find that the school has a lot to offer, but you cannot take that for granted. Schedule an appointment at the school and talk to the administrators. The information and comments here (including this one) only tell part of the story.

Eden Lake Elementary School 1

Posted December 12, 2010
This, imo, is a horrid school! The no homework policy has had such a detrimental effect on many of the children, who as they enter higher levels of education have attained no skills in managing homework and organization and have not had any opportunity to learn sustained effort. It is also a very difficult school, imo, to get adequate services for children with special needs. Getting the SPED staff to perform an evaluation is, imo, very difficult at best. Sure the teachers and staff are smiling and nice when you enter the door, that, imo, is because they don't actually do anything to educate your child and they still get their paychecks nonetheless. I say run Run RUN from this school.

Eden Lake Elementary School 0

Posted February 26, 2010
Eden Lake is average to slightly below. We have huge decrepancies within the district regarding standards and homework policies. Communication seems to be below what I am used to as well. If you are for no homework which reinforces daily learning then Eden Lake would be a good fit. I am more concerned about the seemingly real possibility that the reason we have a no homework policy is so that we can level the playing for the diversed population that we try to serve rather than some study that justifies their position of no homework. In essence, it seems we have lowered the requirement so that noone gets left behind but noone is stretching. The school receives 10,000 for ESL students to the 4,000 for English speaking students. We should be doing a better job of graduating ESL students to proficiency before immersing them into the mainstream classroom.

Posted October 05, 2009
I never go into Eden Lake School that I don't wish I could be a student there. Outstanding teachers and administrators. It is fun to be a student there.

Eden Lake Elementary School 0

Posted September 21, 2009
Eden lake is a great schools nice teachers good for kids who need extra help and has nice size rooms and smart bords wich are good for my tow kids who have truble seeig white bords

Posted March 12, 2009
3 of my boys attend or have attended Eden Lake, and we have been very pleased. It's a great community of wonderfully involved families, and the staff is absolutely committed to excellence.

Eden Lake Elementary School 4

Posted February 18, 2009
While teachers are certainly hit or miss, Eden Lake is a great place for my daughter to go to school. The class sizes are large (average 25), but it seems that every school district is struggling with that! Parent involvement is exemplary, and I enjoy attending school functions. The music / arts depts have been a major disappointment, but going to school is about learning - reading, math, science, socialization skills - so we enroll in other programs to account for Eden Lake's lack of the 'arts.'

Eden Lake Elementary School 3

Posted May 15, 2008

Posted December 20, 2007
Eden Lake is an amazing school with great teachers. I am very impressed by the use of Smart Boards and the web for reaching out to parents. The class sizes are larger than anyone likes, but that is a national trend that all schools are fighting. I do agree that the focus should be on fundamentals, but so far the curriculums in the lower grades have done an excellent job building those skills in my children. We are extremely happy at EL and despite my hour long commute will stay in EP for the school system and community.

Posted November 01, 2007
WOW - just shocked at the last 2 parent reviews. Apparently a VERY isolated case(s). We have been in the EP school district for 5 years and LOVE it. Have nothing negative to say. We have NEVER had a bad teacher at Eden Lake and the parent envolvement is unbelievable. Yes, there are some parents who are not involved but there are more that are involved then not. Maybe you should visit some of the other schools in neighboring towns to see what type of involvement they have. I am sad for you that you have had a bad experience - it is an excellent school.

Eden Lake Elementary School
1200 Anderson Lakes Parkway, Eden Prairie, MN  55344
Last modified Eden Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eden Lake Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top