Eden Prairie, MN

Cedar Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted April 10, 2013
My kids go here and they enjoy it and are doing well. However, the administration is seriously lacking in their interaction with the parents. They would rather talk to each other than help someone that comes in to the office especially the woman you see first when you walk into the front door of the school.

Posted July 26, 2011
The teachers and staff were great. I have a child with ADHD and the special education department did extensive evaluations and tests to find out the best way to help my son learn. The teachers were so caring and take their jobs very seriously. My sons kindergarten teacher even took time out during the summer to spend time with him.

Cedar Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted February 12, 2011
I agree with the parent that mentions the teacher makes all the difference. My child who is in the gifted program was given a teacher that does not differentiate her curriculum. After talking with many parents it is disappointing to hear that certain parents are given special treatment and are given teachers that they request. It seems the administrators to not look at educational need but at who they know best.

Cedar Ridge Elementary School 0

Posted January 03, 2010
I disagree with the last review. Cedar Ridge is not focused on raising money more than the education of each student. The school is not asking for money each week or at all. The teachers may ask for extra snacks or supplies for the class but that is normal. The technology advances this school has is great for these kids. I think these children are receiving all aspects of a good education. I think parent involvement is crucial for any public school and we cannot expect our teacher to be able to teach every student everything. I feel lucky to have my students in such a great school system.

Cedar Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted January 02, 2010
Most people seem to love CR. As a former educator, I have a different opinion. It is a decent school, and most kids do well here. As with any school, the teacher makes all the difference; and not all teachers are up to par, even here. I find the lack of logical teaching or emphasis on phonics in language arts to be discouraging (especially in the lower grades). It also seems that more time is focused on raising money than teaching kids the basics; discipline is often lacking. Our experience here has left us feeling like this school caters to the upper-class, forgetting that there are plenty of families in need, not able to give money every other week. The focus on technology over teaching is alarming. Good teachers don't need the latest gadgets. They teach using their own brains; what younger kids need is a solid foundation, not fancy tech....

Posted March 08, 2009

Posted July 19, 2008
I love this school my daughter has been going her for 2 years and I have another one starting in the fall. All the teachers are top notch and realy care about the students. I have yet to meet another parent that has anything bad to say about cedar ridge.

Posted March 24, 2008
its a good school and the kids learn alot

Posted January 31, 2008
Both my husband and I have been very impressed with this school. Our son has an IEP, and receives some services through the course of the week. The teachers have been so thorough and on top of things to address goals in his IEP... sharing the plan with all the teachers (gym, music, technology, etc) which makes a big difference in my son's ability to learn. Thank you Cedar Ridge teachers.

Cedar Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted December 04, 2007

Cedar Ridge Elementary School
8905 Braxton Dr, Eden Prairie, MN  55347
Last modified Cedar Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top