Eden Prairie, MN

Posted October 01, 2012
Oak Point is now solely an elementary school (Spanish Immersion shares the building). While it is a large school, it is divided into very nice, comfortable atriums that the children get to know quickly and are at home in. We were hesitant at first when we were moved to the school due to redistricting, but we have been absolutely thrilled with the quality of education our children have received. The teachers and the principal are very committed to the school and the kids. There is a wonderful group of parents who are also very committed to the school. All in all, Oak Point is a great school!

Posted October 03, 2009
Made the transtion between general elemantary to middle school easier for my child.

Posted September 15, 2009
The school is great. The kids are nice. The parents are the WORST! As my kids get older, they have been taught to be responsible for themselves, not blame teachers. I wish some of the parents in this district could do that. If you want your child to have access to a technologically advanced education, a teaching staff that encourages student development with independent learning and responsibility, access to free after-school programs, and MANY parent volunteer opportunities (that means helping everyone, not just your own kids,) then your family will like Oak Point. The most recent poll of Eden Prairie parents who have had kids at OP showed that they favored keeping it as is. When they close it to house Spanish Immersion, which will lead to larger classes in K-6 down the road, everyone will want it back. I will miss Oak Point when it is gone.

Oak Point Elementary School 2

Posted April 25, 2008
My daughter previously went to Glen Lake (absolutely EXCELLENT) and then transferred to Oak Point for sixth grade. There isn't much for parental involvement and I would say poor teacher/parent communication. Hopefully middle school will be better.

Posted December 07, 2007
My daughter is in her second year here. The place is massive. The teachers have too many students to take on. If she is on student council, plays an instrument, or volunteers in the library, she misses academics. There are 30 kids in each classroom.

Posted November 25, 2007
My son went to oak point for 2 years and he had a nifty time.

Posted November 10, 2007
This school is a good school

Posted August 09, 2007
My son attended Oak Point for 1 1/2 years and we were very happy with the academics of this school and the way that they kept order in such a large enviornment. I also felt like he was safe there and that the programs were well planned. We really miss this school since we've moved away.

Oak Point Elementary School 1

Posted June 15, 2007
Although there are a higher number of programs for music at this school, the staff members are very unorganized in the uniformity of teaching. Staff communication and collaboration is extremely important, but because of the oversized building, they do not. Also, the supporters of this school are very aggressive and loud, yet the majority of the community is not in support of the school.

13400 Staring Lake Parkway, Eden Prairie, MN  55347
Last modified Oak Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Point Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top