Eagle Ridge Academy Charter School 3

Posted April 28, 2014
(an addition to my earlier post). ERA claims that its high school is "rigorous." Compared to non-AP high school courses, that's true. But as I stated earlier, there is so much memorization of trivia that no student will need to remember after the test. That is NOT meaningful education. Way too much ERA high school work isn't rigorous in a good sense - it's pointless. A huge practical downside to the high school is that most kids' GPAs are way lower than peers at other schools, which makes college admissions challenging. Example: about two years ago, an ERA staffer told me about a kid who scored 31 on the ACT test - very high. But his GPA at ERA was only 3.1. At any other school, a 31 ACT would only be earned by someone with a GPA near 4.0. I'm against grade inflation, giving high grades for little accomplishment. But here's where the pointlessness of so much of the ERA curriculum hurts kids' college chances. They're tested on massive amounts of trivia that is soon forgotten. Their grades are lowered because of this type of bogus "rigor." From what I've seen of AP courses, kids taking those are on a level with the ERA kids. DON'T send kids to ERA high school.

Posted April 02, 2014
One of the best schools my son has been to.The teachers are very good in their teaching and also all of them are very particular about homework.Very good for academics and my son loves being in the school.

Eagle Ridge Academy Charter School 1

Posted March 12, 2014
Eagle Ridge Academy..........Do not expect great teaching in AP Calculus or AP Physics at this school. It is VERY poor. The teachers are done teaching and it shows. The students are on their own for these classes. Pull your students out before high school if you are looking for excellence in Math and Science.

Posted February 27, 2014
ERA saved our son! This school has great teachers, hard-working administration and high standards. He has thrived in this environment and is well prepared for college and beyond.

Eagle Ridge Academy Charter School 4

Posted February 21, 2014
We started at the school in the Fall of 2010. The kids started in Elementary school and one of the kids has moved to middle school. The homework load is demanding. The kids are learning alot! I enjoy the administration and the majority of the teachers. We have had a really great experience with nearly everyone we've worked with at Eagle Ridge. I love the curriculum.

Posted September 20, 2013
Eagle Ridge is a great school! This is our eighth year and I'm extremely pleased with all aspects of this school. It seems their biggest challenge right now is managing growth - a nice problem to have! Any discrepancies in the past can best be described as growing pains or the result of former teachers with a personal axe to grind against former administrators. ERA has a wonderful, rich, diverse population of students and parents that never ceases to amaze and befriend each other. Each year students have more opportunities for achievement and growth. ERA may not be for everybody, but for those families seeking a traditional, classical education, or for a refreshing alternative to typical public school indoctrination, this school is the best. This school has never strayed from its mission statement. Watch for more great news coming from Eagle Ridge Academy.

Posted August 28, 2013
This is our fourth year at ERA and we are happy to have a fantastic school to send our children to. All of our teachers have been fantastic, the curriculum is top top notch, and we are thrilled to see what our children are learning in comparison to students at other schools. Yes, it is a fairly new lower school, and we expected a few bumps in the road. I however, believe that things have gone rather smoothly. The administration in place now is solid, and the school is on a great path. I would recommend this school to anyone. It is an education far beyond what you will get at other districts.

Eagle Ridge Academy Charter School 1

Posted May 03, 2013
I am very unhappy with this school. If you have a small child starting school (kindergartner) or a child in first/second grade. DO not make the mistake and believe the false promise of this school. It does NOT deliver! The teachers continue to disappoint. They are allowed to hold children to an unrealistic expectation yet they have zero accountability. I welcome high expectations, this isn't about "poor Suzy falling behind" this is about teachers who haven't a clue how to teach. Administration doesn't care about parents, they will not listen to frustrations, all you will get is lip-service. They have a long waiting list that will eventually dry up and then maybe then they might have a clue. My heart breaks for all the children who are falling in the cracks at this school. Even if you don't send your child to this school you should be outraged with this school as a tax-payer!

Posted April 17, 2013
Eagle Ridge Academy is a great school. This is our family's eighth year at the school. Yes, there have been some bumps in the road with the turnover of staff, but this is not unusual for a new charter school and our overall experience has been excellent. Due to the rigorous curriculum and high standards, this school is not for every student. We have let each of our three children make their own decision as to whether they want to attend Eagle Ridge or another school. They need to take ownership of their education. After completing middle school there, each of them chose to continue on for high school. They could clearly notice the diffence in the quality of their education compared to their regular public school peers. Even though Eagle Ridge focuses on Liberal Arts, our oldest son is excelling academically as he wraps up his second year of a Mechanical Engineering degree. Our second son will gradute in two months and is also pursuing an engineering degree. The teachers are stellar!! Each time I leave a parent conference, I am in awe of the quality of teachers. It is apparent that they know my kids' unique character and learning style and find it a joy to educate them.

Eagle Ridge Academy Charter School 4

Posted September 04, 2012
My daughter attended Eagle Ridge Academy for 4 years. We were very happy with her overall experience, although staff turnover was an issue. Maybe because it was such a small school, it was more apparent than at a larger institution. We came from a private school background, and found ERA to be comparable in every way. My daughter may be the exception to the rule, but she never had more than an hour of homework and usually it was only 1 or 2 nights a week. She took both the AP English and Biology tests at the end of her sophomore year and scored a passing grade on both despite the fact that ERA doesn't offer AP classes. Only negative - drop off and pick up is a time consuming endeavor. Have your kids ride the bus if they can! No school is perfect in every way for every family. But I would encourage parents to put this school on the list of options for their kids. It has many benefits and far fewer negatives than public school.

Eagle Ridge Academy Charter School
7255 Flying Cloud Dr, Eden Prairie, MN  55344
Last modified Eagle Ridge Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eagle Ridge Academy Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.