Public charter
Eden Prairie, MN

Posted August 28, 2015
We had to move to a different town. I will never be able to express my gratitude to you and ALL of your amazing staff. You have instilled values in not only our children, but my husband and I. Almost daily we ask each other if that decision follows the pillars of a good person. I also want to say that your Academy has instilled a level of excellence that we will continue to uphold and expect from the kids future school. Our children love learning only because era has taught us as a family how to work together to watch each other succeed. We are truly saddened that we will not have your guidance and support, I can only pray our next school will provide the level of education, success, and overall excellence as your staff and you have provided us with.

Posted February 26, 2015
ERA prepares students for college. I went to a charter school last year that did not compare in the least to ERA. This school is not for everyone, but if you have the drive and time management skills, you should be able to keep up nicely. As evidence of the workload, I've written 21 papers this year so far and we are almost through half of the 3rd quarter. As response to a below review, simply because you have a 31 ACT score does not mean you read the books for humanities, or turn in quality work. The grade and score alone do not speak for the school.

Eagle Ridge Academy Charter School 2

Posted January 14, 2015
I agree ERA offers a tough core curriculum. However, as a parent of a child who has attended MS & HS for 6 years I highly disagree that ERA is a college prep school. It takes more than just good classes & good teachers (which ERA has). ERA does not have a college/career advising plan built into it's curriculum. They say it's covered in advisory classes. Yet, neighboring schools offer personalized websites for each student to build career assessments, on-line interest tests, college advising, resume building, career shadowing, resource centers and they MEET EACH STUDENT INDIVIDUALLY throughout their HS years. YOU WILL NOT FIND THIS AT ERA. ERA offers FEW, to say the least, extra curricular activities, which leads HS students with a bleak college resume. ERA is limited on classes (both core/electives). My child took all the sciences they offered by the 10th grade (biology, chemistry, astronomy). His junior year he needed physics to complete his graduation requirements, they only offered AP physics that year. I was given no alternatives when I asked. ERA is selective on discipline they give to students in regards to classwork/attendance. Therefore I cannot recommend this school.

Posted December 06, 2014
This is our fifth year at ERA, and it has been a great fit for our family. The staff in both the lower and upper schools have been fantastic. The curriculum is rigorous, and my children are getting a fantastic education. We feel very fortunate to be there. Remember, it is a school of choice, if you don't like it, you don't have to stay!

Eagle Ridge Academy Charter School 1

Posted November 23, 2014
My child attended 5th - Q1 of 9th. She needs special ed services and qualified. The Sp. Ed. Dir. and School Psych. are the most unprofessional, unskilled individuals I have ever encountered. ERA could not provide services for my child - simply because they did not want to. We hired attorneys and brought in a BA. My child left in tears in 9th grade. Her teachers and para did not bother to say good-buy to her on her last day. We tried our best, they did not and they have caused our family much pain...for no reason.

Posted November 01, 2014
I have been at the school for six years. We used to me a small community type school with high standards, but really lacked consistency. Since new executive director in 2012-2013, ERA has become a school of excellence and is now know as a premier school with greT diversity. We are so glad we stayed through the hard times.

Eagle Ridge Academy Charter School 3

Posted April 28, 2014
(an addition to my earlier post). ERA claims that its high school is "rigorous." Compared to non-AP high school courses, that's true. But as I stated earlier, there is so much memorization of trivia that no student will need to remember after the test. That is NOT meaningful education. Way too much ERA high school work isn't rigorous in a good sense - it's pointless. A huge practical downside to the high school is that most kids' GPAs are way lower than peers at other schools, which makes college admissions challenging. Example: about two years ago, an ERA staffer told me about a kid who scored 31 on the ACT test - very high. But his GPA at ERA was only 3.1. At any other school, a 31 ACT would only be earned by someone with a GPA near 4.0. I'm against grade inflation, giving high grades for little accomplishment. But here's where the pointlessness of so much of the ERA curriculum hurts kids' college chances. They're tested on massive amounts of trivia that is soon forgotten. Their grades are lowered because of this type of bogus "rigor." From what I've seen of AP courses, kids taking those are on a level with the ERA kids. DON'T send kids to ERA high school.

Posted April 02, 2014
One of the best schools my son has been to.The teachers are very good in their teaching and also all of them are very particular about homework.Very good for academics and my son loves being in the school.

Eagle Ridge Academy Charter School 1

Posted March 12, 2014
Eagle Ridge Academy..........Do not expect great teaching in AP Calculus or AP Physics at this school. It is VERY poor. The teachers are done teaching and it shows. The students are on their own for these classes. Pull your students out before high school if you are looking for excellence in Math and Science.

Posted February 27, 2014
ERA saved our son! This school has great teachers, hard-working administration and high standards. He has thrived in this environment and is well prepared for college and beyond.

Eagle Ridge Academy Charter School
7255 Flying Cloud Dr, Eden Prairie, MN  55344
Last modified Eagle Ridge Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eagle Ridge Academy Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top