No rating

St. Peter's Lutheran School

Private | PK-6

Living in Edina

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $278,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,030.

Posted October 9, 2013

I am a recent graduate of this school and I loved it!!! It was a great small school Experience and lots of one on one learning. We did a lot of fun things in school it was a joy to be there. As my 5th grade teacher once said, " St.Peters is one big happy family."

Posted February 2, 2011

I truly value the teachers at St. Peter's and their feedback and insight regarding my childrens' learning styles. Recently, the computer instructor observed my child's attention challenges during afternoon computer class. The instructor and classroom teacher worked together to offer computers in the morning instead. My daughter is doing much better in computers now.

Posted January 29, 2011

Our sons are excited to start their days at St. Peter's. As a parent it is the most comforting thing to know that your child loves their school and the people that care for them there.

Posted January 28, 2011

St. Peter's is a wonderful school. Our child enjoys going and learning there. as a first grader he scored in the top 93% in the Iowa Basic test. He had a speaking part in the school Christmas musical and had alot of fun doing even though he is shy. There is no bullying because it is based on Christain problem solving. He loves St. Peter's so it is worth the drive.

Posted January 15, 2011

We are a catholic family and my daughter attends St Peter's Kindergarten. I could not be more pleased with this school. First, the academics are very impressive and that was my first priority when selecting a school. I am endlessly amazed by the teacher's curriculum and how much my daughter is learning in Kindergarten. The students are also taught by other instructors, specializing in subjects such as music, math, etc. Second, the class size is fairly small so teacher/student ratio is great. This is a smaller school then usual which makes it a family environment, which is caring and loving. I'm not sure why a previous reviewer mentioned a "military" style - we do not see that here at St Peter's. Walk down the halls and listen to teachers acknowledge every child or listen to older students say "hi" to the younger students. St Peter's is a safe, caring and excellent school.

Posted September 30, 2006

St. Peter's is a wonderful, christian environment and offers exceptional education for my children. The small class sizes mean individualized attention. St. Peter's has an excellent music program with personal music lessons given by the band instructor. The parents are very involved and the school has a total family atmosphere. They have a new principal and she is the best! I've never known a school with such a close-knit faculty. There are lots of family activities throughout the school year. Also, St. Peter's has the best preschool around. The preschool teacher is known nationally as a leader in her field. You and your kids will love St. Peter's.

Posted September 18, 2006

Before choosing St. Peter's, we searched the entire Twin City area. When we arrived at St. Peter's we immediately felt like we were home. Staff was very helpful and caring. Since both parents work, the before and after school program was very important. Not only did St. Peter's offer this program but my child continues to be sad when we pick up early. School is very clean, organized. Everyone treats each other like they are part of a family. Everyone willing to help each other out (car pooling, pick up, etc.) We are going on our 5th year and couldn't be happier with our decision.

Posted May 4, 2006

We chose St. Peter's for it's high academic standards and longevity of the teaching staff. In addition, there are great extra-curricular sports and language choices. Beginning band starts in 4th grade and the choir teacher helps to create a major musical production each year. The parents are very supportive and highly involved in helping to make an optimal learning environment for the kids. St. Peter's is centerally located with many kids from around the metro area. Families at St. Peter's are from a variety of denominations, so there is a diverse representation of Christian beliefs, which makes us stronger. A Christ-centered education is at the core of St. Peter's mission, and we are all encouraged to be alive in Christ.

Posted May 3, 2006

What a wonderful environment for learning! My son is in preschool and it is such a nurturing place. He has learned a lot academically, but I have been most amazed at how the teacher has drawn him out of his 'shy shell' and truly engaged him. The other parents are friendly and involved as well--a huge plus. I plan to send both of my children to St. Peter's through eighth grade--the quality of education and availability of extra-curricular activities make that possible. The small class sizes ensure that they will get the attention and guidance that they need. An earlier review mentions a negative viewpoint of the former principal. He left in the fall (2005).

Posted June 22, 2005

I have had 2 grandchildren attending the school since preschool. I found the school halls filled with a family-like environment with teachers displaying positive attitudes until this year. This year they have a new principal enforcing different curiculum and principles. It has become more like a military school and many of the children are unhappy with the changes.

Posted February 9, 2005

We have a 7th, 4th and 1st grader attending St. Peter's School and we love it! They use Saxon Math program rather than Chicago Everyday Math - a big plus for us. They have an excellent Band director who gives private lessons DURING the school day, so I don't have to coordinate lessons somewhere else after school hours. They offer Spanish and Chinese language classes. They say prayers to begin each day, grace before AND after lunch, and then again to end their day. Teachers are very in tune with the kids, building cooperation in a Christ centered environment. There are old fashioned pot-luck get togethers and two PTL sponsored all-school activities each year; A Family Fall Party and A Spring Dance. There is chapel once each week and monthly missions so the kids learn to help other people. And of course, they have fun!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Fax number
  • (952) 926-6545

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious