Fridley, MN

Posted September 09, 2013
I have one daughter in second grade this year and am excited for my second daughter to start preschool tomorrow. I feel so lucky to live in the boundaries for this school, they have done an excellent job keeping my daughter interested in learning by moving her up in grade lessons without taking her away from her age group by moving her to the higher grade classes. The only complaint I've had is they had trouble with the bus company last year, not exactly the schools fault, but thankfully they changed company's for this year and so far no major problems.

North Park Elementary School 4

Posted March 14, 2012
This is a good school, especially under the current principal. I feel he has added a lot to the school and encouraged the teachers to do well. I think they could change their sign more often outside the building to better communicate to the parents, but I also appreciate the weekly notes they send that has the important information on it. My son is doing very well in kindergarten.

North Park Elementary School 2

Posted March 29, 2010
My son started Kindegarten this year and I must say I am not impressed with N. Park thus far. They lost my son on the first day of school due to a lack of communication about his busing route. He has been hassled and even struck on the playground and I never heard a word of it. He mis behaved at his first ever field trip and I didnt learn of it until days later at the conference with his teacher. I was blindsided to learn of my sons lack of participation in class and unwillingness to try at the conference. ( These are things I feel should have been brought to my attention much sooner) I learn of the date of both of my conferences the day of!!! Perhaps I am being to expectant but i trust my son to them for 8 hours a day 5 days a week.

Posted December 04, 2009

Posted April 03, 2009
North Park is a great school that offers students an opportunity to learn in a variety of authentic ways. Reading takes place in a Reader's Workshop, where students learn what 'real readers' do on a daily basis: questioning, predicting, making connections, forming mental images, inferring, etc. Students are able to select a variety of texts to read independently at their 'Just Right' level. Writer's Workshop allows students to explore their creativity with language as they write about small moments in their own lives. Science is taught in classrooms and in the unique science lab, led by the school science specialist. The science curriculum is hands-on and experiment rich. Finally, the math curriculum is rigorous, yet filled with fun games that help students better understand the concepts in a hands-on way. Students receive a rich curriculum and learn skills that will benefit them long after their time in elementary school.

Posted March 03, 2009

Posted June 18, 2008

North Park Elementary School 0

Posted March 29, 2008
I once went to this school and it was some of the greatest years of my life. It has great programs for students to sign up for and it has great education! :)

North Park Elementary School 2

Posted May 18, 2006

North Park Elementary School
5575 Fillmore St NE, Fridley, MN  55432
Last modified North Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top