Fridley, MN

Fridley Middle School 5

Posted August 11, 2014
Fridley Middle School is the best school out of all schools, in my opinion. I attended FMS 2011-2013, I loved it so much that I decided that I'm going back for the year of 2014-2015. The teachers, and staff are so great and kind. They make you feel very welcome. And the students also. The students make great friends to talk to, and hang out with. I haven't been to a school better then Fridley Middle School. I love FMS so much!

Fridley Middle School 3

Posted October 08, 2013
The teaching staff is wonderful bunch that are really honest and communicative if you as a parent are active in your child's education. I do enjoy the school but I do not care for the students there, I believe their handling of undisciplined students are too light and could be detrimental to other students learning. I am pulling my student out of this school due to her getting tied into the wrong crowd, I have heard of bullying also among other students. They should have more stringent penalties for students misbehavior on bullying and offer a better learning environment for all students.

Fridley Middle School 3

Posted July 22, 2011
Mediocre in many areas. Some curriculum outdated, not in keeping with IB concept. Counselor/administrators not quick to respond when contacted for assistance.

Fridley Middle School 5

Posted July 08, 2011
FMS is a great school. I have found that to get the results and answers you want, you have to be a very involved and active parent in your childs education, from academics to sports to bullying issues YOU have to be responsible yourself and take action by physically going to the school and seeking that help. My Son has been bullied here BUT I have not ever had a problem with it being resolved with some type of disciplinary action being taken because I push for it, I AM THE PARENT, it is my job to ensure my child is safe at school and if all I were to do is report it and not follow-up, I too would probably not see results, but I am active and involved in every step of the way of my childrens lives.

Posted February 23, 2011
My grandaughter is being bullyed at your school if one child is being bullyed its one to many. She has been pushed around and told to go home and kill herself and many other horrible things. You fix is to have the bully say "I'm sorry" believe me this does not help. There is no consequence for the bully and it continues, I dont want her to come home crying every day or say she doesnt want to go to school. DO SOMETHING NOW!

Posted August 16, 2010
This school is not serving ALL students. There is poor follow-up from teachers and administration. It is very difficult to get teachers to contact you so you are on your own trying to help your child. The parent portal system can only do so much. You are shown your childs grades but not much on how to improve them. And when trying to get support for my child, little was offered other than summer school. And from what I have learned, the majority of history students failed. Looks like they need to look into how that teacher is failing teaching his subject. Academics are unsatisfactory and that's the point of education. Sports and all else are secondary. They need to prioritize.

Posted July 29, 2010
Although most of the staff is great, we had a horrifing experience there. My child was bullied beat up and threatened. I always had to report it to the school, they never called me. And when I asked for a copy of all the reports for some reason there were none. I believe there is a huge problem in this school that goes unreported. That was our experience.

Fridley Middle School 4

Posted September 18, 2009
The teachers at FMS are wonderful, they really care about the students - they strive to make learning fun and foster positive self-worth.

Fridley Middle School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
I love Fridley Middle School for their high academic ratings, teaching staff, and their investment in long-term, strategic planning.

Fridley Middle School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers really care about the students and the curriculum will definitely benefit my daughter in tomorrows situations.

Fridley Middle School
6100 West Moore Lake Dr, Fridley, MN  55432
Last modified Fridley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fridley Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top