Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I live in the neighborhood this school is located in. The parents and students are terribly rude and inconsiderate of residents and their properties. The school and city have been notified repeatedly of ongoing problems but they take no action. After school hours the playground and basketball court are nothing but trouble.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

If the teacher I see parked on the street in front of the school smoking cigarettes and tossing butts on the groundis is any indication I'd have to disagree.

Hayes Elementary is a neighborhood school that my cousins attended back in the 60's, and now my granddaughter will start attending next year. They loved their school. There is much more diversity at the school than when they attended; I know from my granddaughters other grandma, who works at the school, that Hayes Elementary is a nurturing place, with a rich cultural environment - well-suited to prepare little ones for the multicultural country they will grow up in.

The teachers at this school are incredible. Everyone works together to create a great environement for learning. Every day my children are excited to go to school!

My child has been in this school from k-2 i am not satisfied with the principles outlook on the children in this school. he is so wrapped up in statistics charts and grafs that he overlooks what children need. it is all about the ciriculum and how the school is forced to teach 2 years of studies in one year. i have tried to address issues with him and teachers my sons 1st and 2nd grade teachers were and are very understanding of what i expect of them in teaching my son. the principal is not and is more focused on numbers. if you expect you child to recieve a excellent education and understand his\her studies you must be diligent in your childs schooling and MAKE them do their job.

The Principal and entire staff at Hayes are AWESOME. I have been 100% satisfied with the support and individual attention they have given my children in helping them reach their goals while setting new ones when old ones are achieved. They have taught and encouraged my children who have special needs to never give up and to always reach for the stars. When a school says they have zero tolerance for bullying, Hayes stands 100% behind that committment keeping all children safe. Hayes Elementary is so much more then just a school, it is one huge family of support, they are about families, education, individualality, and diversity. I will miss Hayes as my youngest child starts 4th grade this fall and this is our final year at Hayes as she prepares for her Middle school years. THANKS Mr. P, for giving me back the trust in our education system, you truly are the greatest Principal and I know none others will ever compare!

Hayes offers the International Bachelorette Program to students in K-4th grade. It won the 2008 School of the Year award for best elementary in MN. The teachers and principal are top notch!

Hayes is a great place to send your chil. They make learning fun and fair for every child.

My daughter is a kindergartner at Hayes and seems to love it. She loves her teacher and what she is learning. She didn't like preschool so it is saying a lot for her. The school seems to be really on top of special needs and discipline in the classroom which I really appreciate.

Last modified Hayes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.