Greenfield, MN
Before care: Yes

Posted October 02, 2014
Salem Lutheran School provides an excellent atmosphere for children to receive a high quality education. Not every student learns at the same pace. Because of the small class sizes, the teachers have the time to look after the needs of each student. Our family has had four children who attended Salem from kindergarten thru 8th grade. Our boys have gone on to attend various high schools in the area. No matter which high school they attended they were very well prepared for the academics offered by each school. The most important aspect of Salem is that all subjects are taught with God's Word as the foundation. I will continue to recommend Salem School to anyone looking for a high quality, Christ Centered K-8 education.

Posted August 27, 2014
Do you want your kids to have a top notch education? Salem is for you! Do you want your kids to be cared for as an individual? Salem is for you! Do you want your kids to learn good morals and values? Salem is for you! Do you want your kids to learn about the Bible? Salem is for you!! When we moved to Minnesota in December 2005, we had to decide whether to put them in public school or private. We toured our local public school and then we toured Salem. There was no comparison. Salem was where we wanted our kids! They offer a solid education along with the daily implementing of God's Word. That excellent education and the training in the Bible give my kids what they need to survive in our world! The teachers at Salem are wonderful people who have been well prepared to teach and care for their students. My daughter has severe allergies (including a deadly nut allergy) and everyone at Salem took my concerns seriously and supported us all along the way. My daughter graduated from Salem this past spring safe, healthy, and well educated. She and her brother are now in high school and are well able to deal with their classes because of their excellent training from Salem!

Posted July 19, 2014
Salem is a wonderful school. Their focus in everything is Christ-centered. What a wonderful blessing to know that the teachers' and principal's #1 focus is my child's eternal future. Beyond instructing my child in the Bible, daily devotions, and prayer, my child is guided to grow stronger in her relationship with her Savior even when she needs Christ-centered discipline from one of her teachers. The teachers and principal show great care for my child in going beyond expectations to respond to concerns I have about my child and her learning. The teachers are also truly dedicated to providing an excellent academic experience, and my child has shown tremendous academic growth in her time at Salem. May God continue to bless this school.

Salem Lutheran School 1

Posted June 16, 2014
If you are choosing to send you child to a private school -- you may want to keep looking. In our opinion, this school is unorganized and poorly operated. Your child may get a better education at a public school and Sunday school at your church.

Posted June 06, 2014
Academics - Check, Friendly Atmosphere - Check, Christ-centered education - Check. My child just finished Kindergarten at Salem, and I couldn't be more pleased with the experience. At the beginning of the year, my child couldn't read anything, but by the end of the year my child could pick out any book from the library (children's section) to sit down and read. I am also very happy with the staff at Salem. They are so friendly and welcoming that my child loved going to school each day. I am so glad that I made the choice to send my child to Salem.

Posted June 06, 2014
My daughter has been attending Salem for three years and I am always amazed by the outstanding education she is receiving and the loving environment she is surrounded by! The academics are rigorous and are providing the tools she needs for the future. She is reading two grade levels above her own and able to do some of the next grades math. She is always excited for a new day at school because of safe and comforting environment they have set up for learning. The teachers are very willing to go the extra mile to give additional help and guidance. We LOVE Salem and are very thankful our kids can attend this school!

Salem Lutheran School 1

Posted March 09, 2014
Terrible! Small yes; academics....no! If you are looking for a solid education -- look somewhere else!

Posted August 27, 2013
Wonderful school. Very caring staff. I just wish it continued on past eighth grade. We are not lutheran and have never felt out of place at this school. They have high expectations, unlike the public schools.

Posted May 09, 2013
i am a student at Salem. I think it is an outstanding school. The teachers help me and spend time with us so we get awesome grades. The small classes are awesome because the teacher has more time to help each individual student. I have gone to salem since pre-school, I am now in seventh grade and have grown to appreciate the teachers and fellow students. Everyone is kind and helpful. I love this school and recomend it to anyone looking for a christian education.

Posted December 04, 2012
I am a parent of a child enrolled at Salem. Normally I don t bother to write reviews, but after seeing the two negative reviews I felt like I had to speak up because I don t want anyone to get a negative impression of the school that has been such a blessing to my family. I cannot disagree more with these individuals. I have found Salem to be a warm, loving environment for my child to grow and develop. The teachers at Salem are very caring, doing everything they can to help my child succeed. My daughter loves this school and cannot wait to get there each day. I am also very pleased with the level of academics I see at Salem. Each year they publish their standardized test scores, and the past two years the students have scored two grade levels ahead of their current grade. These results underscore the effectiveness of the curriculum and teachers at Salem. If you are looking for a great school where your child can feel safe, loved, and challenged to reach their full potential, then I suggest you get some more information about Salem.

Salem Lutheran School