Hanover, MN

Posted March 03, 2015
I have my second child now in Kindergarten. I couldn't say anything bad about this school. My oldest has always had learning disabilities and the extra help and one on one guidance has been amazing! Without his IEP he wouldn't have made it. He never felt singled out and I had amazing contact with the teachers and principal when things were not going well. He is now in 8th grade. My now kindergartener is an energetic child and he has learned leaps and bounds from his teacher about respect and self-control, which has aided in his learning. He is now reading and loves every minute of his day!

Hanover Elementary School 1

Posted January 29, 2015
This school has not accommodated our child's learning style what so ever. She is pulled out of her class so many times a week to work with a special teacher to do one on one work. This makes our daughter even more frustrated because she misses out on class activities and feels left out. Her grades are great in one area and very poor in another. She is only in 1st grade and gets sent home with homework every night. Parents are expected to do homework with their 1st grader for close to an hour a night. This takes time away from our other children and from our daughter to enjoy her youth. I feel like the curriculum needs to be revised. The teachers need to work harder at teaching the children at school especially at such a young age so they can go home and enjoy their time with friends and family rather than spending more time doing school work. Lastly, the principal is impossible to work with. He has disregarded all of our concerns and refuses to communicate with us verbally rather than by email/letter form.

Hanover Elementary School 3

Posted July 18, 2011
God help your child if he or she is stuck in a looping class with the chief cookie baker for soldiers. The primary focus will be on party planning and movies. Academics are allowed as time permits. Assessments and test results are either not provided, or available upon multiple requests. Grading is done sporadically; expect to see no homework for weeks and then returned en masse. Core activities (reading, spelling) are administered by unlicensed parents while teacher is busy planning party after party. No accountability. There are many good teachers in Hanover; but, watch out for the bad apples.

Posted April 30, 2006
We are pleased with the schools, after having our child in kindergarten this year. The teachers are experienced and excellent, my child learned things I did not expect at such a young age (ie how to read, basic math). My only negative comment is that I was asked by at least 10 separate parents before entering kindergarten 'have you requested 'X' teacher yet?' There are only two- and one is much more mothering than the other. We had the less 'mothering' teacher, and she was excellent. It is upsetting to me that parents are allowed to request teachers for no good reason, and I think the principal needs to put a stop to this!

Hanover Elementary School 4

Posted September 25, 2005
I have been very pleased with the school and the school district. The looping system they have is great and the quality of teachers is high. The parent involment is strongly encouraged and the education is great. They have allot of great programs within the school to assist with the childrens education such as a school store where they earn play money to buy fun toys, school supplies, etc. The students are rewarded for good behavior, grades and participation with dollars and when they shop they are responsible for fiquring out the price of the item to paying for the item and keeping track of any extra money that is kept in their bank account. If they save the money all year they can earn some really great items or can do some really fun things. So the student learn to save.

Posted July 05, 2005
Other parents and I consider this school to be a wonderful environment for our children and a great learning experience similar to a private school, Yet HES is public. They offer a multi- age program that allows the children to learn at their pace and excel. My children have both benefited from the enrichment classes that challenge the children to think outside the box. The principal/teachers are very committed to the students and treating them as individuals. The parent involvement is overwhelming. We consider ourselves very blessed to be at HES.

Hanover Elementary School
274 Labeaux Ave, Hanover, MN  55341
Last modified Hanover Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hanover Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top