Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

There was a student who was very mean. He had a very bad temper and called students very rude names. Different students went to the teacher several times throughout several years. None of the teachers did anything because his parents were members of the PTA. Even when the principal was involved, the bias was so great that he had the freedom to continue to be a bully to students.

Salem Hills Elementary is terrible at communication they are also terrible at making anybody who is new feel at home. My son is in second grade who came from Minneapolis in November and has felt nothing but bad vibes from the school. There are maybe three or four students out of the entire school that my son feels OK to be around I think it's sad my son just recently got pink eye and no notification was put out to any of the families until I went and picked up my son last Thursday who got it from a number of students from his classroom. Terrible school wouldn't recommend communication is terrible terrible I wouldn't recommend it for anybody. Adults talk to children like their the boss of themselves my son comes home from school telling me adults ask him for things only his parents would now. Iam sick of this school I work for a big company I will be forwarding any INFORMATION I need to. Terrible Terrible school!!

Amount of homework: no rating

Homework should be encouraged to do not told to do one day and that's it. These kids have attention spans like fish at times they need a reminder in class about homework

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Wonderful School! My oldest son went there for Kindergarten in 2011/2012. The next year we moved, so he switched school districts. I hated it. They were nothing like Salem. So although we still live out of district, I drive him everyday to Salem. And now his little brother is in Kindergarten at Salem and I love it! They are so dedicated to their students. The staff is great! I am very pleased with the school all around!!

Not a good experience at all for my child's first year there to many issues poor communication.however nice principal just wish she would of been around more.Had any meetings with the district on safety issues and nothing was done not safe at all.

My son is at Salem Hills because my daughter is in their Atheneum program- it is not our home school. While we love the homey, small-school feel of Salem Hills, the teaching outside of the gifted program ranges from excellent to sub-par. We are getting a new principal this year, and I sincerely hope she can help turn things around. My son's scores actually fell during second grade in reading and math- mainly because his teacher didn't know how to manage a large group of students. Without strong principal leadership in the past, inexperienced and lower-quality teachers were hired to cover increasing numbers of students enrolled. We are hoping to see improvements with a new principal.

Last modified Salem Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.