Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Lake Marion Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 08, 2015
I would like to thank my sons 4th grade teacher Mrs. Ladd. We are new to LME this year and she has done such a wonderful job of welcoming my son and myself. I was worried how the transistor ion would gonandbhe loves his new school! Thank you for all your help with the transpositions and learning the new things. We are truly blessed to have her. Thank you for all you do!

Lake Marion Elementary School 3

Posted March 09, 2012
This school has great teachers. The problems are the over-emphasis on math and reading in the early grades to the near exclusion of other subjects and the lack of individualized instruction. Children who easily grasp concepts are not moved ahead if they are ready. The whole classroom for the most part is taught at the same pace (except for those at the bottom and they receive extra help). My children were not being challenged and became unenthusiastic about school. Our new school emphasizes individualized learning as well as teaches science, social studies and a foreign language starting in kindergarten! My children are very engaged and look forward to going to school now. I am glad to see Dr. Snyder is trying to introduce more individualized learning as mentioned in the latest newsletter but it would be nice to see some actual evidence iPads improve learning before the district spends a million dollars on them!

Posted March 08, 2012
My daughter goes to LME, and she loves it, every day she comes home sad because she had to come home. Love LME! Great school!

Lake Marion Elementary School 4

Posted May 13, 2010
This is a great school. My eldest struggles in the school setting but with the right teachers has managed to do well. Their are some great teachers that truely care for each of their students. Of course there are also those few who only like the easy compliant students and those who tell you your child is doing great when in reality they come home to have me teach them how to do their math homework. I think that is typical in all schools unfortunately I still really like this school and feel my kids are doing a wonderful job with what the U.S. school system offers our students.

Posted February 04, 2009
This is our second year at Lake Marion. Both my son in Kindergarten and my daughter in second grade love it. The school has skilled and loving teachers and the Principal administers well. The computer lab and media center are impressive and the school is kept clean and orderly. Lake Marion is one of the best run schools I have ever seen and I am so grateful my children are able to attend.

Posted August 22, 2008
Lake Marion Elementary School is an excellent school. We moved to the area last year and have loved the school. The teachers and staff are all excellent. Thanks for such a great experience.

Lake Marion Elementary School
19875 Dodd Blvd, Lakeville, MN  55044
Last modified Lake Marion Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.