Mankato, MN

Posted December 11, 2013
Good school overall, my daughter really likes it there. As with many schools, some teachers are really exceptional, some are not so great. Since they split students into two teams, you will get an assortment. Teacher tenure/union contracts make it hard to weed out the poorer ones. In my opinion they need to be more disciplined or picky in the hiring process. But overall we have had a good experience. They really seem to care about the students and do the best they can with the socioeconomic factors they deal with. The best thing you can do as a parent is to get involved so you know what is going on. Seems hard when you are working, but it is important to do.

Posted March 19, 2012
We are new to Mankato. My son was in Kennedy Elementry, now at Mankato East Jr. High. It's a terrific school with wonderful teachers. The move here was made much more pleasent do to the way the teachers made him feel comfortable and part of something special.

Mankato East Jr. 4

Posted October 14, 2009
My experience with East has been a great one. My son loves it there. The teachers are always willing to go the extra mile to help students, and there are many extracurricular activities to choose from - not just sports. Yes, it is true that the junior high is attached to the high school but I think that the teachers and administration staff do a good job of separating the junior high students from the high school students when necessary. I believe that the principal and vice-principal are very proactive in the school to head off problems in the junior high. I have had no problems with the school and neither has my son. He keeps his grades up and participates in sports after school.

Mankato East Jr. 0

Posted June 11, 2009
I want there to be a dress code , that is enforced!!!

Posted August 06, 2008

Mankato East Jr. 4

Posted February 13, 2008

Mankato East Jr. 1

Posted July 12, 2007
The teachers do what they can but are facing parents who don't care or discipline their children. East is unsafe but does have an (1) officer on campus. The Vice Principal works hard but I am not sure about the Principal. The main problem is they mix a Junior High with a High School and well this is happening in too many places and is a huge mistake. There are plenty of extracurricular activities available.

Mankato East Jr.
2600 Hoffman Rd, Mankato, MN  56001
Last modified Mankato East Jr. is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mankato East Jr. Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top