Maple Grove, MN
Students enrolled: 1,647

Posted August 11, 2014
The administrative staff are very rude. My child was sent down to the office for a minor dress code violation ( She was wearing running shorts that were maybe 1 inch too short) and the staff in the office laughed at her. The woman that had her put her arms down to see how short the shorts were said to the other staff in the room something along the lines of 'Ladies, see how short her shorts are! Do you really think you could wear this?' They kept her out of class for more than half an hour, waiting for someone to talk to her for only a few minutes. I personally find this disgusting. They took away my child's right to learn all because her shorts were a bit too short.

Posted April 24, 2014
I went here from 7th grade-9th grade because I was within district. Although many of the staff are devoted to teaching, the faculty could improve. If you are looking for a school that values high academic standards, community involvement, and unity this school is not for you. Over the course of my stay at this school I have witnessed many physical fights. I also witnessed a lot of drug use while I was there. I did not feel safe or comfortable being in this building. Overall the school is not challenging and every day felt like a prison. If this school had more student outreach opportunities and clubs, I'm sure this would bump it up to 2 stars. Maple Grove Junior High needs a lot of work and possibly all new administrative staff. This is only from my experience, but I hope you choose wisely because this school is not worth your time.

Maple Grove Junior High School 4

Posted March 07, 2014
I love this school! The teachers are great, and they are willing to help you, before or after school. Students are nice, and I've made many friends this year. I wish that there were more SMARTBoards, or that we had a chance to use iPads like other districts, but with the levies that passed in the fall, the schools will be much better! The textbooks are pretty old, ranging from 7-10 years old, to newer ones that are only 3. Again, I hope that the levies will fix this. This is the best junior high/future middle school (grades might be changing to 6-8) in the district, in my opinion.

Posted March 07, 2014
This school is bad. Bullying, fights almost every week, bullying, undisciplined kids running around basically doing what ever they want, and more bullying. The school itself is alright, good lunches, GREAT teachers and music program but it has its problems.

Posted March 04, 2014
If you have a choice, PLEASE don't choose this school. 1/2 the teachers have no control over their students, teachers just watch bullies and don't even try to stop them, and there's a fight at least once a week sometimes, twice a week. On one day there was 3! Not a very safe or controlled school overall. A few teachers are great but some are pervs.

Posted February 07, 2014
I certainly would choose another school to educate my children. I sent mine to private school. I know this school. The kids think they run the place and the principal doesn't respect her own teachers. It is just a warehouse.

Maple Grove Junior High School 5

Posted March 10, 2013
My son who is disabled and in the Special Education system went here for his Jr. high years. They were again WONDERFUL. This district accepted my son in open enrollment and he went to this school. Their resources were very good, they were able to go out into the community on very valuable field trips. The teachers truly care about the students and the friendships that were fostered here, were encouraged. They evaluate each students needs before transitioning them to highschool and make sure that the transition was as easy as possible. Very professional and caring at every level of the special education system in this district.

Posted June 14, 2012
MGJH has had a challenging year to say the least. The teaching staff is OK but could be improved. The administration leadership is absent except for the Administrative Assistants who pretty much do it all. The students are snobs and think they are better than anything. As far as the comment about tenured teachers and the district in general are totally false. The teaching staff at a neighboring junior high BROOKLYN JUNIOR are awesome. They are there early 7:00ish and don't leave until after 4:30. The tenured teachers make the school.

Maple Grove Junior High School

Posted January 14, 2010
MGJH is by far the best school ever!!!!!!! I would know because I'm in my second year at MGJH. The teachers are nice and cool and if u need help they'll help you. The lunches are alright and there's three choices to choose from. The students are nice and you can get along with almost everyone. So if you think this school is bad haha no offense but your way way wrong.

Posted November 25, 2008
The teachers are really nice and good but the kids there are snobs.Like someone else said its all about cliques and who's dating who but not like normal Junior highs this is it times 1000.There are also alot of fights with girls within the first week there 3 all girls.Sometimes physical.

Maple Grove Junior High School
7000 Hemlock Ln, Maple Grove, MN  55369
Last modified Maple Grove Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maple Grove Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top