Basswood Elementary School 2

Posted March 12, 2014
Below Average are perfect words to describe this school. Below-Average lunches, below-average teachers, below-average buses, bullying, good Principal, but that's pretty much it.

Basswood Elementary School 4

Posted March 07, 2014
This was a great school! My teachers were nice, and it had a nice atmosphere. The one thing that I didn't like was the fact that we had to read health books that were 10 years old. If you're thinking about bringing your child here, I recommend it!

Basswood Elementary School 4

Posted September 10, 2013
My daughter started Basswood last year in first grade. We came from a very small, Catholic school in Colorado. We were initially concerned by the size of Basswood but the school seems very organized given all of the students. The parents seem very involved and have high expectations for their kids, which creates a culture of high achievement. The diversity also affords my daughter a great social arena that is comparable to the real world. She loves it there and told me yesterday that "school is fun!", which is what any parents want to hear!

Posted June 04, 2013
Basswood is a very strong school with an excellent principal and teaching staff. Our new principal Mr. Smith is a forward thinker and is bringing innovation and fun to our already strong school.

Posted May 28, 2013
I think that Basswood is an incredible school. It has given me many different opportunities to get involved, such as Fuel up to Play 60, Student Council, Orchestra, and programs like that. Our principal is amazing, and has made many positive changes to our school. Parents are involved, and the teachers are great. I think that Basswood is an incredible school.

Basswood Elementary School 1

Posted April 05, 2013
This school has bug infestations, teachers that don't have any understanding for home situations, and inedible lunches, students that don't follow rules and don't get yelled at, and good students getting yelled at. The principal is five stars, but nothing else at this school is

Basswood Elementary School 2

Posted March 25, 2013
There are ant infestations of ants in the walls. I find it disgusting. One day, a teacher was debating for 20 minutes colored pencils vs markers instead of giving more class time. The lunches are usually inedible. The principal and the esp are the lone bright lights in the school. They bring inspiration and leadership to Basswood. And another thing. My son is bullied on the bus and the bus driver does squat to stop it. A big problem not happening on other buses.

Posted April 17, 2011
My two kids attending Basswood elementary. Earlier they were attending a leading school in Wayzata. They feel overall quality is greater than Wayzata.

Posted October 08, 2010
Just walk through the halls at Basswood and you will see that involved families and caring teachers are what make this school a standout. As one parent mentioned, the district is often judged as a whole. But Basswood is a community of high learning that is second to none in Maple Grove. Our kids are getting a fantastic education and school test results reflect that.

Posted September 16, 2010
I have had at least one child at Basswood since 2002 and I absolutetly love this school. The teachers we have had are fantastic and so is the principal! People that choose to open enroll before giving this school a chance are missing out. The district is judged as whole, but there are certainly some shining stars out there in the Osses district and this school is one of them!

Basswood Elementary School
15425 Bass Lake Rd, Maple Grove, MN  55311
Last modified Basswood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Basswood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top