Maplewood, MN
Before care: Yes

Weaver Elementary School 2

Posted October 01, 2014
My son attends kindergarten here at Weaver Elementary. We have moved here to the area just recently and I've experienced great schools with the most friendliest and most welcoming staff in the past, unlike Weaver. I have nothing good to say about this school but only a few positive things. I take my son to school every morning and pick him up everyday after school. All the staff there seems to be annoyed with everything and majority of the kids. Breakfast is between 9:05 to 9:15, and with all the kids in line waiting for food, by the time they settle down to eat, school starts in 5 mins. My kindergartener has literally five mins to eat before they're rushed to class. The principal is very nice and greets and say hello- that's the only positive thing I've experienced here at Weaver. Everything is so unorganized and I never know what my child will be learning in class no matter how many times I had requested for it. I can't stress how much I miss his preschool teacher to the staffs and how they're always on top of their priorities always caring so much about their students. My sons kindergarten teacher is definitely not the most respectful person either. Poor experience here!

Weaver Elementary School 5

Posted March 03, 2014
My son is in 1st Grade at Weaver this year and I have nothing but wonderful things to say. Last year I dropped off and picked him up from school every day so I was able to meet most of the staff. They are all very caring and responsive, anytime I bring up a concern it is quickly addressed. I am very confident my child is receiving an excellent education in a caring, supportive environment.

Weaver Elementary School 5

Posted October 28, 2011
My husband and I are very pleased with how well our daughter is taken care of at school. She attends the before and after school program and is in full day kindergarten, so she faced a very big adjustment attending school all day. It was a bit of a bumpy start and she still has good days and bad days, but the staff is always kind and makes sure to inform me of any issues. She really likes her teacher and has been learning something new almost everyday! I'm amazed at how much she's grown and learned in just the first few months of school. I'm also wowed by how much other parents are involved as well. With both parents working full time and raising 3 kids, its very hard to find time to partcipate and volunteer for things at school...but events we've already attended have shown a great amount of involvement from other parents and shows us that even just a little bit of time can make a big difference. The principle seems to be very involved as well as we personally met her at the open house and two other school events we attended. She really made our family feel welcome at the school.

Weaver Elementary School 1

Posted February 24, 2011
i hate that my child attends this school the teachers quit and move on leaving the students with a new teacher that comes in not knowing anything starting the students over with them.is the budget so bad?i worry if my child is getting the proper education this school is all bad they really irritate and go over board on attendance as well as ethnic backrounds on your child i havent seen alot of racism but ive went to several parents meetings and we shared the same if not simular issues i wouldnt recommend any parent that loves there child to put there child in this schol %88 you will have problems if not a new issue with this schools staff. weaver elementary district 622!!!i think ill take my chances at a inner city school at least i know my children will be eccepted and they will get a proper education without the color of there skin getting in the way of there education.

Weaver Elementary School
2135 Birmingham St, Maplewood, MN  55109
Last modified Weaver Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Weaver Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top