PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

As the principal I maintain an open door and always welcome conversations with parents. My direct phone number is posted on the school website and in communications that are sent to parents (and also at the end of this review). I'd like to clarify a few things mentioned in one of the reviews here so that all are aware of our policies and procedures. Regarding communication, we put out a school newsletter every other week (when school is in session) to our K-8 families. At the same time, we also send home a communication envelope which includes flyers and important notices. These are typically sent via email but we also send home paper copies to parents who request them. Our newsletters for the current school year are posted online at: http://www.presentationofmary.org/school/students-parents/. Classroom teachers also send out frequent updates and are in regular communication with parents throughout the year via phone, email, and parent/teacher conferences (held three times per year). Our school has had a Bully Prevention Policy in place for over four years, which clearly defines what bullying is and what the school's response will be. Our staff have undergone training which has helped them to identify bullying behavior, and issues are addressed promptly when they arise, in accordance with our policies. Our Student-Parent Handbook is also available online at http://www.presentationofmary.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Student-Parent-Handbook-2014-15.pdf. The Bully Prevention policy can be found on pages nine and ten. Safety and communications are very important to me and I am always looking for ways that we can improve. I'd encourage any parent who has concerns to contact me directly. Thank you! -- Michael Rogers, Principal Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary School P: 651-842-6032 E: mrogers@presentationofmary.org
September 29, 2014

Bad
Good

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted September 29, 2014

My feelings about this school are mixed. There are some very good teachers here and the class sizes are small. Your child has less of a chance of getting lost in the crowd here since teachers can give students more individual attention. On the other hand, there is at least one teacher who should probably retire as she can respond to students inappropriately. My son came home crying several times due to comments she made. My one real complaint about this school is it has poor communication. It relies on monthly mass newsletters to impart important information, which are not always very well detailed. Bullying can be a problem here, as it can in any school, however, the school does not have a systemized way of responding to these threats and so these instances are not always responded to appropriately. The communication, not the quality of the education, is why I did not rate this school higher. Overall, I feel the education my son is receiving is very good and the investment we are making in his education is worth it. If you are thinking of sending your child to this school, I would recommend doing your research. Private does not mean perfect.

This is our 2nd year at Presentation. My daughter is a 4th grader now and loves this school. She loves school, her small class size and the teachers. I couldn't be happier with her education at this point.

Presentation has great school spirit. Wonderful families that are very involved in all different aspects of the school. Whether they are coaching a sport team or working on a fundraiser, tutoring kids in math or helping with sound equipment during one of our great all school concerts the families of Presentation always are focused on making the experience very special. What a great team we have in our priest and principal, they are leading Presentation School into a new era.

Great small community, small classes, teachers who care.

Last modified Presentation Of Mary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8