Maplewood, MN
Before care: Yes

Posted August 10, 2014
This school has helped our daughter become an incredibly gifted and capable young woman. She is able to comprehend ideas and thoughts way further than most 16 year olds. MN Waldorf gave her the skills she needed to become a whole citizen in these fast paced times. The lack of "technology" in the classroom really helps facilitate it in the later years. These children are great people when they leave the school and ready for anything the world brings them. The teaching staff is second to none.

Posted April 30, 2014
My kids LOVE to go to school and they receive tons of compliments on being well rounded. The Minnesota Waldorf School has an amazing core curriculum of math, science, language arts, and humanities, as well as music, art, recess, foreign language, gym, recess. In addition to all this the material is presented at just the right time and in just the right way so that the process is fun and meaningful to the children. I wish I had gone to the Minnesota Waldorf school. The only thing I wish is that more people knew about it .

Posted April 29, 2014
Curriculum is fashioned around the child's developmental stage rather than external testing. A wonderful place for a child to grow into who they are meant to be.

Posted April 22, 2014
We have been going to this school for 5 years And have lived being a part if this community. Great teachers and families.

Posted April 09, 2014
I have 2 children that attend(ed) MN Waldorf. My daughter is a Jr. at our neighborhood public school. She just told me that she misses Waldorf, after seeing her brother's 8th grade research presentation. Compared to public schools, I feel MN Waldorf has given my children the ability to think outside of the box, be excited about learning, and take in information through their whole being. Yes, Waldorf is a commitment for 8+ years; children are expected to act a certain way, to not engage in media, and to learn "old " handwork skills. We have found that it has created thoughtful, individual children who are ready to interact with the world around them.

Posted March 25, 2014
My son comes home from school excited about learning every day, initiating and creating his own "homework" with inquisitive questions seeded through his experience at MWS. Outdoor and freeplay time are balanced with acedemics, particularly benefiting boys allowing for movement and healthy brain development. The children create their own games on the playground developing healthy social skills on the beautiful 8 acre campus. The arts are blended into all the acedemics, including math, my son's favorite subject. The children's best interests are held by a caring and dedicated staff. The parent body and community are mature, supportive, and raising their children in wholesome, healthy ways. My son LOVES school!

Posted May 14, 2012
We have sent both our children here and find that they are very prepared emotionally and academically for high school. The approach to education is joyful and rich therefore the students stay curious and motivated to learn. The adjustment to high school was smooth despite transitioning to a format focused on grades.

Posted March 28, 2012
My daughter is student here. The campus is beautiful, the teachers are caring and my daughter is learning a classical education infused with arts. She plays the flute and Viola, speaks French, and gets to explore and play outside every single day. I could not be more pleased. If you are not familiar with Waldorf education, I would encourage you to take a tour. :) Also, an observation: It is very interesting to read the critical reviews on here that do not seem at all accurate.. at least not in my experience (4th years here) - not only is my daughter learning things way before her 2 friends down the street (catholic/public schools), but she also is learning extras you don t find in public schools. Yes, young children are taught to draw and write in a certain way, (this is integral in Waldorf education a sound mastery of basics allows for creativity in later years.. My guess is the reviewers had different expectations of a Waldorf Education. For instance, I don t believe you can get upset that a Catholic school for teaching religion if you didn t already know that was going to happen, you didn t do your research!

Posted January 26, 2012
A wonderful choice. This school and its curriculum are truly one of the best gifts you can give to your child. We have a daughter who graduated two years ago and successfully moved into a rigorous program of study at a large public high school. Our younger daughter is now in 7th grade and continues to thrive. As we approach our 12th and final year as parents at this school, we now feel as certain as ever that the Waldorf pedagogy and the school's welcoming community have played an important and necessary role in the development of our daughters' character and intelligence. This is not to say that we never had doubts, because it's hard sometimes not to get swept into the "push-push-push" message of increasing academic demands at earlier and earlier ages. Our daughters' inquisitive natures, love of learning, and achievements across diverse school settings, however, have provided us with the confidence to recommend Minnesota Waldorf School without hesitation. You won't regret it!

Minnesota Waldorf School 0

Posted October 26, 2009
I have a daughter who is almost ready to graduate from MWS, and another with a few years left, and I can't begin to explain the wonderful people they've become. They're inquisitive, respectful, expressive, and they love learning and going to school. Having talked with a lot of alumni families, we feel confident that our daughter will have the knowledge and social skills to successfully navigate any high school she attends. MWS has truly been a gift for our children, and the dividends paid to us as a family are immeasurable as well.

Minnesota Waldorf School
70 County Road B E, Maplewood, MN  55117
Last modified Minnesota Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Minnesota Waldorf School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top