Bad
Good

This school is amazing. The staff TRULY care about the students and their families. My children love going there - and their standardized test scores (not that it matters) are in the 99th percentile. This site (greatschools.org) is clearly buggy - NO WAY should Harambee Elementary get a 3 out of 10 - just read the reviews!

My daughter has been at Harambee for two years, and her sister is set to join her next year. We like the emphasis on the outdoors/environment and the principal and staff were very helpful and receptive when we were transitioning my daughter. As with any school, some teachers are easier to reach/more responsive than others.

I love Harambee Elementary school! It is a diamond in the rough and I am shocked to see that this schools rating is only a 3 out of 10! I have a son who is in second grade and a daughter in kindergarten. The school has a great community culture that is very diverse. The teaching staff is amazing. They really understand that each child learns differently and have incorporated multiple methods of learning into the curriculum. The school encourages parent and family involvement and have activities planned all throughout the year. The school itself is very nice and technology is up to date. Overall I think this school is fantastic and would highly recommend them to anyone. My kids have done very well here and I look forward to all the learning and fun we will have.

We are the parents of 2 young children at Harambee. At this school we have found a vibrant community where kids, teachers, and parents respect each other and come together to educate the whole child. We are thrilled to have found this free, year-round public school.

Harambee students benefit from a dedicated, creative teaching staff committed to making sure every student has a chance to succeed regardless of their learning style. There is a consistent message that in a diverse community, each student has special gifts and perspectives that contribute to the success of that community and make it a wonderful place. Highlights include the year round calendar which lessens summer learning "slide", the environmental science focus which utilizes the many habitats on the 28 acre site where students can learn outdoors year round, and the community cultures focus where students learn that each of us has a culture, and that it's fun to learn about others. They become prepared for their future in a diverse workforce. The special ed team is another strength, helping kids with special needs reach their full potential. And did I mention our amazing principal, Ms. Griebel? Her dedication to the Harambee mission unites students, staff, and families. Both of my children blossomed in this unique environment, even though one is gifted and the other has special needs. I love this school!

We researched schools for 2 years for my daughter. The local public schools could not meet her needs. Harambee was and is a Godsend. Through good class sizes, enthusiastic, well trained staff and educators who know every child by name and are devoted to making each one succeed - they have exceeded my expectations. Their year round schedule was a draw as well as our students need to catch up to the rest of the world who do not school by an outmoded agricultural calender. Our daughter is an accelerated learner. She is in first grade now reading and doing math at a third grade level loving the additional challenge. At Harambee no learner is stigmatized, no matter where they are on the specturm. From the teachers to the principal they are all easily contacted and respond quickly and effectively to any concerns. Other schools have an anti-bullying curriculum.Harambee and Crosswinds teach, live and breathe true integration: learning about eachother and valuing eachother for our similarities and our differences. It is a wonderful community of parents, staff, teachers and students from various backgrounds.

My son attended this school from K-5 (all the grades they offer). He had a great time, wonderful teachers, a diverse set of friends, and a great education (entered his next school as a 7th grader!). The year-round calendar is the best, giving the family opportunities to travel at off-times of year. Beautiful grounds. Definitely worth a visit, a choice public school for students from 10 school districts. Note, the year-round schedule does play havoc with state standardized testing, Harambee kids have six weeks less class time when the tests come around, partly explaining the poor results there. Not at all indicative of how wonderful this school is.

Last modified Harambee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6