Mendota Heights, MN

Posted September 02, 2013
We have great teachers, and support staff. Annual readathon is a great fundraiser that gets all the kids involved in raising money for the school and we get the best reward for it our kids read like crazy. We include the great outdoors in our education which I love. The gym teacher helps the kids understand that we move our body for fun and health. The music teacher and her after school choir are wonderful. I couldn't be happier with my school. New principal this year as our retired. We will miss our beloved Mrs. Bowman greatly she knew each and every student by name even the first day of school.

Posted September 18, 2012
Great school, great teachers, great staff. Everyday the kids arrive at school in the morning, the principal and the guidance/friendship counselor greet them BY NAME! Somerset is a smaller school, which is just one of the things we like about it, but it is wonderful that the entire staff takes the time to get to know each student and the student's family. The principal at Somerset is always actively involved with the students, not sitting in her office behind closed doors. My child sees the special education professionals at this school for speech services. These teachers/professionals are awesome. I can't stress that enough. My child leaves for and returns from school happy. Prior to moving, I researched this district because it was a new district for us. Everything I read about Somerset was accurate. The move to a new district and school could not have been easier. Our school really is a community with no shortage of parent volunteers. My kids' experience/environment is similar to that of my childhood; the difference being that I attended a small, private school. That's what Somerset feels like.

Posted November 18, 2011
We have two daughters at Somerset. Somerset is a wonderful school with wonderful teachers and a wonderful principal. Every time I see Mrs. Bowman she is happy and cheerful and such a positive person. It is easy to see that she truly loves her job and the children. The test scores just prove how great the staff is doing. It is also nice to see so many parents volunteering and caring.

Posted October 14, 2011
I've been an elementary school teacher for 19 years and have had many opportunities to work in schools both here and abroad. We are so grateful that our daughter is able to attend Somerset Elementary. We are constantly in awe of the attention, care, and high expectations of all the teachers and staff. The students, in turn, achieve highly in this kind of nurturing and supportive environment. Thank you, Somerset!

Posted August 07, 2011
I will have 3 kids at Somerset in the 2011-2012 school year. We are so pleased with the close community feeling, the fantastic teachers, the awesome principal, the many opportunities for academic, musical, and physical fitness growth for our children, and the personal care each member of the staff gives to our children. Thank you Somerset!

Posted December 17, 2007

Posted November 07, 2007
I LOVE this School and everyone in it. Principal and Teachers are always there and make you feel like your child/children are #1. I am a parent volunteer and I no longer have a child that attends Somerset but I still Volunteer there, and I live out of District. Very Welcoming School. I LOVE this place.

Posted November 28, 2003
Great principal and first rate teachers--especially for Special Ed. Small, cute school and all the parents I know are thrilled with the school, too.

Somerset Elementary School
1355 Dodd Rd, Mendota Heights, MN  55118
Last modified Somerset Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Somerset Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top