Mendota Heights, MN

Posted November 24, 2013
We moved here from out-of-state and have been so happy with this school for our two children. The principal, teachers & staff have been so welcoming to us. The environment here is so positive + nurturing + caring in every aspect. Can't say enough about it. All staff are very engaged and upbeat, making for an inviting and fun learning environment, even while working hard. They really value the fostering of a love of learning in kids' at this foundational level. The homework level seems just right -- especially for our student with a focus challenge who's been so well engaged and self-motivated by the teacher. Everyday Math curriculum has been great for our kids. We love the music emphasis three days a week. Only wish they had Spanish (or other foreign language choice like Mandarin) twice instead of once a week, but that's our only suggestion. Otherwise feel our students are getting a nurturing, well-rounded education here.

Posted September 12, 2011
What a fantastic place! The teachers that I have encountered have been warm, welcoming, insightful, and engaged. The Principal is really visible and involved with the students and what is going on in the classrooms. He greets students by name and makes them feel welcome. Within 2 days of attending school, we had a call from a person on the PTA that was eager to find out how things had gone the first couple days and ready to answer any questions we had. I continue to be blown away by Mendota Elementary..

Posted June 02, 2011
My wife and I checked out many elementary schools and we decided to send our kids to this school which was highly recommended by friends whose kids had gone to this school. The teachers and principal are extremely dedicated individuals and truly care about the students and the quality of the education they are receiving. You will not be disappointed with any aspect of this school.

Posted May 20, 2011
My daughter just finishing kindergarten at Mendota Elementary and we couldn't be happier with the school. The three areas that are rated below I would have given a 6 out of 5 if that had been possible. The teachers are amazing, the principal is wonderful and I have never met a more dedicated group of parents. I would highly recommend this school for parents who are looking for a quality education for their children!

Posted June 24, 2010
My children go to this school and I believe they are receiving the best, all around education.

Mendota Elementary School 3

Posted May 20, 2010
The teacher are good, but I think it is a little over-rated. My daughter attended kindergarder and first here, but will continue on to a better school. She needed to suppliment her learning with Sylvan.

Posted January 12, 2009
Nationally recognized, excellent school with a very involved principal. Experienced teachers who really care. Active PTA and wonderful community. My daughter is challenged with gifted and talented math and also self-paced reading with high goals.

Posted October 27, 2008
This school has an amazing principal and an extremely dedicated and wonderful teaching staff. We moved our two children to this school from another school district and are thrilled with the school.

Mendota Elementary School 4

Posted May 31, 2008

Mendota Elementary School
1979 Summit Ln, Mendota Heights, MN  55118
Last modified Mendota Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mendota Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top