Mendota Heights, MN
Before care: Yes

Convent of the Visitation School 1

Posted October 07, 2014
I attended this school from kindergarten to 12th grade graduation. Looking back, I am thrilled at the ethics that were installed in me through elementary school, but the treatment I was given in high school was near traumatizing. Like many teenage girls, my parents discovered I was severally depressed and had me diagnosed my junior year - however, the schools reaction to my condition was despicable. For something so rampant in teenage girls, they should be more qualified if not at least somewhat accommodating to the problem. Instead, they threatened to suspend or expel me do to absences spent in a hospital while receiving treatment for the medical problem. I later found out that another classmate of mine had been hospitalized for depression and given the same threat because of her "unexcused absences". If by chance they have made huge strides in this area since my graduation, I still recommend caution when considering this school. Money equals status here, so if you come from a low income family it could become VERY difficult for your daughter to be treated equally by the school administration. Students with money are protected above others and given special privileges. Be wary.

Posted April 19, 2014
GREAT SCHOOL.. ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE SCHOOL AND STAFF! Would definitely recommend the school

Posted December 04, 2013
Our daughter started at Visitation in early childhood. We were so impressed that we kept her there through 12th grade. The teachers are exceptional -- not a bad one in the bunch. We also loved the sense of community there. Vis was instrumental in shaping our daughter into the person she is today. She's a leader. She also knows about to work with a variety of people and personalities. And she's the type of kind and gentle person anyone would want to have among their friends. Sending our daughter to Vis was a financial stretch for us, but it was well worth every dollar spent. Now that our daughter is in college, I can see the return on our investment. She is well-prepared for the rigor of college. She knows how to organize her time. And, she can handle almost any situation that arises. What more could a parent want!

Posted April 25, 2013
I have been a parent at Visitation for the past 13 years. I will be forever grateful for the education my children received. The exceptionally committed teachers, academic excellence, extra-curricular opportunities, and faith-filled community have been such a blessing. I encourage anyone that is thinking of a private education for their child (ren) to check out Visitation.

Posted April 24, 2013
As an alum and current parent, I am so grateful that my children have the opportunity to be educated in the Sisters' home. As a parent of Lower School and Upper School students, I see how each one is truly valued for the unique person that they are, with their individual gifts and talents being nurtured and celebrated. The academic preparedness is second to none. I am experiencing that with my junior as she looks at where she will attend school when she graduates from Visitation. The opportunities that will be available to her seem to be endless. One of the things I appreciate most of all about a Vis education is that our students develop a grateful heart, not one rooted in entitlement, but rather gratitude for all that they have been blessed with. It is a huge sacrifice for our family to send our children to Visitation, but I can think of no greater gift that we could give our children.

Posted March 04, 2013
No school is perfect, but Visitation was a great fit for our daughter for high school. She attended 9 - 12. It is very academically challenging and there are high expectations for every student. I don't agree with some of the comments relating to wealth or status. In fact, very few students discuss or care about that (perhaps their parents do per the comments below). They are too focused on the demands of homework and activities getting them ready for a great college experience. You will find status seekers in any school. But uniforms, no make-up or boys and kids spread throughout the metro all contribute to anonymity - not status. Their philosophy stresses inclusiveness and social teaching with care and service to others in our community - things I wish all schools focused on.

Convent of the Visitation School 3

Posted August 15, 2012
I went to Vis for 7-12 grade and sent my kids here for Montessori. I sent both my sons here for Montessori, but would NEVER send them for grade school. I walked those halls as a parent for 6 years (3 kids) and it's not the place for boys. Check it out for yourself. Go sit in the kindergarten for a morning. As a high school girl, my blue collar parents sacrified near everything to send me here. It got me educated, yes, opened worlds of poetry and art and manners to me, thank God and God bless the sisters. But many of the girls I went to school with were just too spoiled wealthy to provide anywhere for a girl who shopped at Kmart and Target to find her drive or identity... I remember vividly one of the seniors, talking about where to go on their senior trip saying, "NOT Hawaii... I am SO SICK of Hawaii..." The clothes, the cars, the vacations... all too much the focus. The best thing about Vis was the sisters: graceful, loving, educated women who made me feel loved every day. Sadly, they are not a part of the Vis education as much any more. My own daughter started 7th grade last year. Not at Vis.

Posted May 22, 2012
As an alum of Visitation, I have nothing but great things to say about Visitation. I went to Vis from grades 8-12, and my experience was extraordinary. I did not appreciate the education I was receiving as much until I was in college because I was so well prepared. The student-teacher relationships are great, and the teachers are always there to do what's best for the student. I have made life long friends at Vis, and the community so close knit. Everyone is always there to help everyone.

Posted February 04, 2012
My wife and I researched many quality schools prior to choosing Visitation for our children; we were initially drawn to Visitation because of the high quality academics (looking specifically at lower and middle school entry points) as well as the Catholic faith aspect of the educational experience. Having been at Visitation now for over three years, we are fully satisfied with our school choice. Visitation combines high academics, outstanding administration/faculty/staff, and incredible facilities with a supportive family community. Our children are challenged and happy, and our entire family has developed friendships that extend far beyond the school day. Thanks, Vis!

Convent of the Visitation School 1

Posted January 17, 2012
Not a good school for boys (lower school). The schools Principal leadership are not honest and will lie to protect the people who contribute the money. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL! Contact a former teacher prior to considering this school.

Convent of the Visitation School
2455 Visitation Dr, Mendota Heights, MN  55120
Last modified Convent of the Visitation School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Convent of the Visitation School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top