PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Leadership will support your child if your name is on their buildings, if you are a legacy family or a significant contributor. Otherwise you are on your own.

Stay away from this place unless you are an alum or donor. I sat at a mother/daughter event and was ostracized because I was not a wealthy cradle catholic. Thought I was giving my daughters the best education I could afford. Miserable social situation for both of them.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Our daughter with anorexia was complimented by her Phy Ed teacher for "looking better". Her Religion teacher told her class "eating disorders were a sin against God". English and Science teachers completely unsupportive of her need to be out of class for ongoing treatment. Very clear students with problems are a pariah.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Classmates of our daughter made a Mockumentary making fun of her eating disorder struggle. Went on line and was devastating

I started at Visitation in Kindergarten and continued until I graduated as a senior. Visitation offered me the best environment to establish strong leadership skills, independence, and an outstanding, dependable work ethic. Being co-ed throughout Lower School and then 6th grade gave me the opportunity to see what going to school with boys was like, but I am extremely thankful that after 6th grade, it remained all-girls until senior year. No longer having mixed classes ensured I developed confidence in my opinions as well my abilities as a girl without constantly fearing ridicule by boys. Visitation also offered activities, clubs, and sports, in addition to job opportunities, that catered to all types of students. Furthermore, reading some past reviews I saw that Visitation threatened students that were struggling with depression or an eating disorder and that has not been the case in recent years. During my High School experience, I had a few friends that struggled with both eating disorders and depression, and the faculty and staff at Visitation were as accommodating as they could be. My friends did miss a lot of school but still graduated alongside me. Since it is such a prominent issue among young women, I think Vis has definitely taken steps to provide a more dependable system and group of adults to help girls that experience these struggles. Moreover, the teachers at Vis are outstanding. They pushed me to be the best student I could be and were always there to help me after school whenever I needed it. Lastly, the friends I made at Vis will last a lifetime. The girls from my class were amazing, and eventhough there were friend groups, the groups were inclusive of anyone who wanted to join. I highly recommend this school to anyone for any grade level!!! I would not be the person that I am today or at the college that I am at today without Vis, teaching me important life lessons and supporting me. Non Scholae Sed Vitae.

I attended this school from kindergarten to 12th grade graduation. Looking back, I am thrilled at the ethics that were installed in me through elementary school, but the treatment I was given in high school was near traumatizing. Like many teenage girls, my parents discovered I was severally depressed and had me diagnosed my junior year - however, the schools reaction to my condition was despicable. For something so rampant in teenage girls, they should be more qualified if not at least somewhat accommodating to the problem. Instead, they threatened to suspend or expel me do to absences spent in a hospital while receiving treatment for the medical problem. I later found out that another classmate of mine had been hospitalized for depression and given the same threat because of her "unexcused absences". If by chance they have made huge strides in this area since my graduation, I still recommend caution when considering this school. Money equals status here, so if you come from a low income family it could become VERY difficult for your daughter to be treated equally by the school administration. Students with money are protected above others and given special privileges. Be wary.

GREAT SCHOOL.. ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE SCHOOL AND STAFF! Would definitely recommend the school

Our daughter started at Visitation in early childhood. We were so impressed that we kept her there through 12th grade. The teachers are exceptional -- not a bad one in the bunch. We also loved the sense of community there. Vis was instrumental in shaping our daughter into the person she is today. She's a leader. She also knows about to work with a variety of people and personalities. And she's the type of kind and gentle person anyone would want to have among their friends. Sending our daughter to Vis was a financial stretch for us, but it was well worth every dollar spent. Now that our daughter is in college, I can see the return on our investment. She is well-prepared for the rigor of college. She knows how to organize her time. And, she can handle almost any situation that arises. What more could a parent want!

I have been a parent at Visitation for the past 13 years. I will be forever grateful for the education my children received. The exceptionally committed teachers, academic excellence, extra-curricular opportunities, and faith-filled community have been such a blessing. I encourage anyone that is thinking of a private education for their child (ren) to check out Visitation.

As an alum and current parent, I am so grateful that my children have the opportunity to be educated in the Sisters' home. As a parent of Lower School and Upper School students, I see how each one is truly valued for the unique person that they are, with their individual gifts and talents being nurtured and celebrated. The academic preparedness is second to none. I am experiencing that with my junior as she looks at where she will attend school when she graduates from Visitation. The opportunities that will be available to her seem to be endless. One of the things I appreciate most of all about a Vis education is that our students develop a grateful heart, not one rooted in entitlement, but rather gratitude for all that they have been blessed with. It is a huge sacrifice for our family to send our children to Visitation, but I can think of no greater gift that we could give our children.

Last modified Convent of the Visitation School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12