Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Most ridiculous and incompetent folks I've ever met. If you have a choice do not send your kids here.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The staff here is the most incompetent bunch Ive ever witnessed from the top down. How can they possibly teach our kids honesty, integrity, and fairness when none of them possess it and when they knowingly violate state law. Each school district shall have a procedure for a parent, guardian, or an adult student, 18 years of age or older, to review the content of the instructional materials to be provided to a minor child or to an adult student and, if the parent, guardian, or adult student objects to the content, to make reasonable arrangements with school personnel for alternative instruction. ... School personnel may not impose an academic or other penalty upon a student merely for arranging alternative instruction under this section. [Minnesota Statutes 120B.20]

Awful school, please do not send your kids here. Teachers and admins knowingly violate state law. Each school district shall have a procedure for a parent, guardian, or an adult student, 18 years of age or older, to review the content of the instructional materials to be provided to a minor child or to an adult student and, if the parent, guardian, or adult student objects to the content, to make reasonable arrangements with school personnel for alternative instruction. ... School personnel may not impose an academic or other penalty upon a student merely for arranging alternative instruction under this section. [Minnesota Statutes 120B.20]

My daughter graduated from this Middle School last year. If it had been more than 3 years, I would have switched her but we decided to stick it out. I regret that decision. She went to a VERY diverse elementary school, so going to such a non-diverse school with so many people with money was definitely a culture shock. The parent engagement was pretty horrific, they only had a school newsletter that was emailed which doesn't take into account that some parents may not have reliable internet connections. If you didn't have an email and check it regularly, there was no other way of finding out anything going on at the school. I do not think my daughter was well prepared for High School. Oh, and bullies - she was bullied horribly in 6th grade and the school did very little about it, nearly siding with the bully. If you are not white, rich, and stuck-up - do NOT go here!!!! Her saving grace was that she had an AMAZING teacher for science in 8th grade, of course, they cut back on teachers and he was sadly the first to be let go.

When I went to this school the environment was completely unsanitary. The number of quality or even seemingly qualified teachers can be counted on two hands. I was completely unprepared for highschool despite having great grades in their high level classes. I dont have happy memories of Anthony middle school.

terrible school not safe feels like your about to be shot i about to run away its so scary

I hate this school... The Teachers pile homework onto me making it almost impossible to anythings at home. I came from Kenwood a performing arts school. The only good things there are Japanese and G.S.A (Gay Straight Alliance). This website states that there are more Caucasian students then African-american, I beg to differ. THIS SCHOOL IS A PILE OF GARBAGE DO NOT COME HERE!!!!

Anthony Middle School receives an F. In September my son requested a schedule change. Teachers and Administrators have now switched up his schedule four times. No disciplinary actions. No calls from the school to notify us until the third schedule change. He became so frustrated with the situation he walked out of school and they called us. Only then did we learn they couldn't find him a schedule. We settled on a schedule with the administrators. Then two weeks later we received a call to tell us they couldn't accommodate what we agreed on. Two and half months to figure out a schedule change? After many years of supporting Minneapolis Public Schools I am now a proponent for school vouchers and performance based pay for Teachers & Administrators.

I love it because it succeeds in all ways. On top of having a wonderful learning envirnment... It is just the best school we have found in four schools!

We love this school! Our 6th grader has amazing teachers esp. in reading, spanish and humanities. Even his 1st hour advisor makes him feel at home. Health, gym, band - it's hard to leave any of these great teachers out! The curriculum is very engaging. The kids work hard for their quality education. The principal, counselor and social workers truly care and the students know it! Best of all, the school is very diverse. We came from an all-white school with helicopter parents. We are so happy about the change. Kids of all cultures can feel comfortable and valued. This school is a gem.

Last modified Anthony Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.