Anthony Middle School 3

Posted June 27, 2014
When I went to this school the environment was completely unsanitary. The number of quality or even seemingly qualified teachers can be counted on two hands. I was completely unprepared for highschool despite having great grades in their high level classes. I dont have happy memories of Anthony middle school.

Posted May 19, 2014
terrible school not safe feels like your about to be shot i about to run away its so scary

Posted October 24, 2013
I hate this school... The Teachers pile homework onto me making it almost impossible to anythings at home. I came from Kenwood a performing arts school. The only good things there are Japanese and G.S.A (Gay Straight Alliance). This website states that there are more Caucasian students then African-american, I beg to differ. THIS SCHOOL IS A PILE OF GARBAGE DO NOT COME HERE!!!!

Posted November 30, 2011
Anthony Middle School receives an F. In September my son requested a schedule change. Teachers and Administrators have now switched up his schedule four times. No disciplinary actions. No calls from the school to notify us until the third schedule change. He became so frustrated with the situation he walked out of school and they called us. Only then did we learn they couldn't find him a schedule. We settled on a schedule with the administrators. Then two weeks later we received a call to tell us they couldn't accommodate what we agreed on. Two and half months to figure out a schedule change? After many years of supporting Minneapolis Public Schools I am now a proponent for school vouchers and performance based pay for Teachers & Administrators.

Posted April 16, 2011
I love it because it succeeds in all ways. On top of having a wonderful learning envirnment... It is just the best school we have found in four schools!

Posted March 19, 2011
We love this school! Our 6th grader has amazing teachers esp. in reading, spanish and humanities. Even his 1st hour advisor makes him feel at home. Health, gym, band - it's hard to leave any of these great teachers out! The curriculum is very engaging. The kids work hard for their quality education. The principal, counselor and social workers truly care and the students know it! Best of all, the school is very diverse. We came from an all-white school with helicopter parents. We are so happy about the change. Kids of all cultures can feel comfortable and valued. This school is a gem.

Posted March 19, 2010

Anthony Middle School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
The kids take pride in their school grounds and in their academic achievement.

Posted September 12, 2009

Posted April 12, 2009
We are from Europe with a very gifted child. Coming to the US we were warned about the problems with schools. We placed our child in two schools before Anthony- private and public in Edina. This school is simply great! The teachers are very experienced and rigorous. Having straight A's takes work. It is similar to our European experience. There are problems like everywhere in publicly funded school, but it prepares kids for though and demanding curriculum in HS. In comparison with suburban school drugs are not an issue. (At least you can not smell them in the restrooms...)

Anthony Middle School
5757 Irving Ave South, Minneapolis, MN  55419
Last modified Anthony Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anthony Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.