Minneapolis, MN

Posted April 07, 2015
This school is very excellent. I am so happy now that my children are going here. Thank you.

Anwatin Middle School

Posted October 20, 2009
Anwatin is the school that never gives up! The principle, Mr. Pitt and assistant principle, Dr. Brooks-Golden are involved and encourage the parents to become so. The teachers make it a point to get to know their students so that they can better guide them. Great, great people!

Posted August 09, 2009
Anwatin is a great school. The teachers are awsome and easy to talk to. They are always focused on helping you learn. I will be attending 8th grade at Anwatin and I can't wait to go back, i'm shocked you only give it 2 stars. We learn so much in school not only in academics but socially to. Our school is teaching the importance of a strong community and we are very close with Bryn Mawr Elementary, right next door, which is also a great school. Parents are also very involved in everthing from band concerts and plays to sport events. My friend's parents even provided us with fruit everyday before a volleyball game! Once again Anwatin is a great school and constantly getting better. We even have programs and clubs with students that focus on ways we can improve our school. Parents send your kids to Anwatin!!

Posted June 26, 2009
I use to teach ESL and Spanish here and stayed for seven yeaRS until I moved to NM. I now teach college. Anwatin is a model for what an educational community can be. I loved those students, colleagues, and my pricipal. Parents, you can not make a better choice for an inner city school.

Anwatin Middle School 4

Posted January 09, 2009
I'm currently an eighth grader there and it's just fine. After all, Minneapolis does have issues... But for a school, it's ok. Oh and by the way, we have a new principal and some new staff, so it's getting better all the time, to quote the Beatles.

Posted August 24, 2007
The quality of Anwatin Middle School is fabulos in every aspect. I currently attend Anwatin love it. Now I actually look forward to school. I was extremely disapointed though to see how this site highly underrated Anwatin. It is one of the best schools in Minneapolis, but on your site Anwatin was misrepresented. I continue to support Anwatin and I highly reccomend it to anyone.

Posted January 24, 2007
We love Anwatin. In addition to the excellent academic experience our children have had these past five years, we are so proud of the type of socially aware citizens they are becoming. The staff an Anwatin is dedicated and has a genuine affection for Middle School aged children. This year the school has shown a dramatic improvement in the behavior and climate at the school. Most students are respectful and hard working and students who are not, face consequences. The implementation of the school-wide International Baccalaureate Programme has been a huge success. All students are expected to take enriched classes, learn a World Language, and do community service.

Anwatin Middle School 1

Posted February 27, 2006
I was a student at anwatin. I do not like anwatin at all.The kids are horribly mean and disruptive.There is no safety at all. If I were you I would not put my child or any one in that school.

Posted April 22, 2005
I have attended Anwatin Middle School for the past three years. The experience has been great and I have gained not only from the classes but from my peers as well. Anwatin is very diverse and everyone is really nice. The teachers are highly qualified and the classes are challenging yet fun. In addition, both our basketball and football teams have gone to the play-offs this year. The music department is excellent! Budget cuts have affected the condition of our school (some desks, text books, etc.) but it doesn't get in the way of learning. Anyone who is new at Anwatin should remember to keep an open mind. If you take the time to actually get to know everyone you will have a great time. Despite all of the stereotypes, this is a great school and I highly recommend it!

Anwatin Middle School 4

Posted March 12, 2005
I am currently a student in Anwatin. I think it is a very excellent school by the quality of their education. I understand Anwatin as a very interesting in the student social life. I think students just have to stay out of trouble and avoid any problems for the future. Overall, the school is recommended for students who really SEIROUSLY seek enriched learning. I hope I helped for guardians out there!

Anwatin Middle School