Posted August 01, 2013
My son attended Field for 5th grade and I have to say he really enjoyed school a lot more since he didn't have to spend all day In one class with the same teacher. His grades were excellent and I feel as though the teachers care how he does and they care about his well being. My son was bullied by another student and the teachers helped to resolve the problem. The teachers also emailed me back If I had any questions or concerns about my son's assignments. This school has a lot to offer. The music program Is excellent and Ms Hotchkiss Is an excellent band teacher. Also, my son loved his science class, he had so much fun learning. I have so many great things to say and limited space... We are looking forward to 6th grade!

Field Elementary School 3

Posted June 08, 2013
Field school is a great school for my daughter, however not so much for my son who has learning disabilities.

Field Elementary School 2

Posted June 28, 2012
Field has very engaged, dedicated teachers and staff, a very successful student population-test scores are routinely high- and more GT opportunities than any schools near it. The parent community is very engaged as well, but they tend to be quite a closed community that is wary of 'outsiders'. The students, while very motivated to learn and do well, are quite intolerant of other kids who value their individuality. This is definitely a Mean Girls school. Currently, I give Field 4 stars because of the student climate: it's hard for many to learn when you're not valued or respected by peers.

Posted November 04, 2009

Posted October 15, 2009
Great teachers with passion, humor, and commitment. Excellent courses in music, science programs for girls, My daughter got the opportunity to go to Costa Rica with the GEMS (Girls in Engineering, Math, and Science) program in 6th grade. She thrives in the school environment. Field engages with parents and the community -- all this in a public school that's lost funding every year. They're the tops!

Posted October 10, 2008
Field is an exemplary school in every aspect of the educational experience. 1. The administrative staff is incredible. As the first people to greet you on the campus it is wonderful that they are knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. 2. The teachers are very, very smart. They have strong content knowledge in their subject areas and have a deep understanding of how to educate the middle school child. 3. Field offers a wide range of extracurricular activities, has an incredible music & choir program and has a great before- and after school care program. 4. The principal is accessible and responsive to the needs of students, teachers and families. We send our kids out of our designated school district in order to send them to Field. We are so happy with our decision.

Posted July 03, 2008

Posted July 11, 2005
- a former student

Field Elementary School
4645 4th Ave South, Minneapolis, MN  55419
Last modified Field Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Field Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top