Posted August 19, 2014
My son graduated from Patrick Henry and had a great experience there. He had supportive teachers and staff and earned college credit while still in high school. I also have another son at Patrick Henry who will be graduating in two years. This school has lots of opportunities for students who are willing and want to excel.

Posted April 23, 2012
I also needed to add that I don't know where this adults look the other way while students do drugs thing came from??? I did not in the four years I attended or the four years that both of my little sisters attended Henry see this type of behavior. Now if a parent witnessed an isolated incident, then it should be treated as such and not the entire vision of the school. The kids at Henry are not druggies nor do the staff allow or condon this type of behavior. Everyone has their own style of dress so what is considered inappropriate to one could be perfectly fine for someone else. That is why I love Henry, teens are allowed to be themselves. And this is high school in the 21st century all kids in all high schools across the state and the country have teens that engage in PDA. Again the parents have to parent at home and stop putting all of the responsibility on the teachers and staff at the school because they are there to teach and provide academic guidance and not to babysit, teach etiquette or have the bird's and the bee's talk with students. Again Patrick Henry is a great school!!! Just ask the students and staff Go Pats!!!

Posted November 18, 2011
I am a student at Patrick Henry, and I am appalled at all of the bashing of our school that is being allowed on this site. You say we have no school spirit? We do the best we can, but it's hard when we are verbally attacked when any one of us says to someone, "I go to Patrick Henry". You say our teachers are bad? Well I have plenty to say about our wonderful, encouraging, helpful teachers, but if you disagree, then remember that it isn't even our school that decides what teachers we get, it's the school board. You say we are druggies? Learn to love a little. I am no druggie, and neither are those I know that go to our school. Well, we love our school, and we are tired of all of the bashing that we get. We are the only IB school on the Northside, and we open the door to millions of opportunities that normally none of us would have access to. Ask any one of us. Our school has done something right, and no amount of prejudice can take that away from us.

Posted November 03, 2009
Henry is a good school that will teach you many things in many different areas of education. My school will also help prepare you for your future and advancing onto college, since my school is an IB school.

Posted May 28, 2009
Henry definitely has its shortcomings (like lack of support for numerous sports, struggling support for certain students), but these are largely due to a lack in funding. In addition, many of Henry's attributes makes up for its shortcomings. It has a great community, great teachers, great students, amazing school pride, and amazing student-teacher relationships! I graduated two years ago and I return each year for annual events!

Posted May 27, 2009
love all the teachers. math teachers who will actually help you understand while keeping up with the class. english teachers who will tell you the truth and not just say good try. graduated 4 years ago and i still visit my teachers.

Posted May 06, 2009
Excellent school- great students, teachers, and administration, amazing IB program- you won't find a better urban high school in the area.

Henry Senior High School 0

Posted January 21, 2009
I'm a teacher at Henry and I am happy to say I work in a positive atmosphere with an amazing, dedicated, energetic and disciplined staff. The kids are terrific--and with programs like Admission Possible in our school, helping all kids achieve college and scholarships, it's no wonder 4 Gates Millennial Scholars graduated from Henry last year! This is a wonderful place to teach and to learn. Eva Lockhart, International Baccalaureate Program

Posted August 08, 2008
I am a graduate of Henry (Class of 2008) and I cannot express the gratitude I have for having the opportunity to attend such an excellent school. Henry is defined by their teachers; their teachers are bar none the most driven and dedicated core of professionals in the district. At the end of the day the teachers absolutely care about their students academically, mentally, and emotionally. I highly suggest the Henry experience to anyone considering this school. The professionals and the diverse Henry environment has fostered growth in me, such growth that I will fully utilize as I attend college in the upcoming fall.

Henry Senior High School 3

Posted August 06, 2008

Henry Senior High School
4320 Newton Ave North, Minneapolis, MN  55412
(612) 668-2000
Last modified Henry Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Henry Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top