Posted March 11, 2014
I have two children in the school. Both are in very different places academically and I couldn't be more pleased with their education. My son has some special education requirements and the level of support he receives is wonderful. The specialists work closely with his teacher so that he doesn't miss out in important classroom instructions. The staff are very warm and supportive and my son has made great achievements with their help. My daughter is an advanced learner and is encouraged to strive for her best. I love that the students are together from k-8. It allows the students and families to develop strong bonds with others in the school. The staff do a wonderful job in transitioning the students from the lower campus and the upper campus. It was a seamless transition for both of our children. I also think the staff and principals are amazing. I love this school and highly recommend it to anyone who asked. For middle school parents the class sizes are very small and the students are very sheltered comapred to Sanford. There may not be as many extra circular activities availalbe but the atmosphere is well worth it.

Posted June 01, 2012
Keewaydin--like its lower campus sibling, Wenonah--is a great school. The teachers are caring and talented, and the principal is awesome. The school has a nice, diverse student population, and my daughter loves it there. We moved from the suburbs, where she had attended a school that had every bell and whistle, and we were a bit apprehensive, at first, about the Lake Nokomis Community School (LNCS). But we're really happy with the education our kids are receiving. With the upcoming addition to Keewaydin, I predict that both schools will finally begin to receive the credit they have long deserved.

Posted July 22, 2011
This little single story structure near a lake is a real gem. Top notch caring teachers. Stage zero school that has closed the achievement gap is arguably one of the best lower elementary schools in Minneapolis.

Posted March 02, 2009
Teachers and Principal are top notch, students completely respect them. Lots of great parental involvement and a bunch of great kids. My Daughter is excelling here, with the great support of staff and extra curricular activities. Needs more sporting teams/Parent Volunteers to help coach these kids.

Posted December 07, 2004
I have two daughters at Keewaydin. This is a wonderful school with excellent parent involvement. Because it's small, the kids get to really know each other and the staff is highly accountable. Academically, Keewaydin has consistently posted some of the highest test scores in the district.

Posted March 18, 2004
I love this school. Principal Don is like no other. Teachers are great as well.

Lk Nokomis Community-Keewaydin Campus
5209 30th Ave South, Minneapolis, MN  55417
Last modified Lk Nokomis Community-Keewaydin Campus is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lk Nokomis Community-Keewaydin Campus Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.