Bad
Good

My child joined the school last year. Principal and staff are helpful and supportive. Teachers are very competent and they are always ready to address our concerns if we have any. The community is diverse and people come from different backgrounds, which provides a very good learning for the students and the parents. The school encourages parent's participation through several programs and helps us understand the education system. Overall Kenwood Elementary has been a blessing for our family. Thanks for being so great

Kenwood is an incredibly special school with an A+ principal, amazing staff and supportive parents. The arts residencies are spectacular.

Our second year at Kenwood Elementary is coming to an end and I just can't say enough about how happy I am about the education my children are receiving. I feel like the teachers and support staff really understand and care about my children and are able to support children at multiple levels. The teachers really work well together as well with a common goal. The parents are a force at Kenwood. Parent involvement is high and the school needs are supplemented by parents and the wonderful community. I love the diverse population - Kenwood looks like Minneapolis and our children benefit from that.

I love Kenwood because of their outstandig teachers, Arts and Smarts Program and the incredible parent involvement.

Because it is modern and sophisticated in terms of outlook, methodology, and teaching techniques -- yet it still has the feel of a cozy neighborhood school. I love watching kids run up and hug the principal.

We just completed my son's Kindergarten year at Kenwood. I was very impressed by the teachers (Ms. Sullivan, our K-teacher, was amazing!) Our classroom was very diverse with families from almost every continent. The parents were very involved and Ms. Sullivan made it easy for parents to participate and to stay informed. The PTA, Fundraising Committee, and Site Committee do an amazing job of raising resources for the school while making events very inclusive, fun, and community building. With music, art and self expression taught and encouraged along side a great academic program including a gifted and talented program and numerous services and volunteers available to meet each child's needs this school is a great school. There is diversity among the student population. Located between the Rec-center, Park, Deli, & Bookstore, the setting is superb.

My daughter goes to Kenwood. It has been a little bit of a disappointment. There is a Spanish program which is a bit expensive and my daughter can not attend because it is after school. A lot of things like Spanish, Girl Scouts, etc. seem to be aimed at kids who have stay-at-home parents. Wish more, like language and music, was integreated into the daily routine from the very beginning. Other than that, the teachers have been very nice. Also, I'd advice they work on getting more parents involved, because you'd never know there is any diversity, most of the staff and teachers you see are white.

We open enrolled our son at Kenwood because of their focus on arts & smarts. The teachers are outstanding and the administration is very supportive. We love the high level of parent & community involvement. We know all the kids in our son's class and most of their parents. The small class size allows our son to get individual attention and that's wonderful. It's truly a community school where teachers, parents, and community members are all involved in our son's education. We love Kenwood!

Last modified Kenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.