Posted September 10, 2014
North high It's embarrassing to admit I send my kind to this place not a good environment for children who want to learn. Teachers not prepare to handle our kids; principal is more concern about her eyelashes than to my kids she is lost and completely on the wrong field. education it's not your thing girl, go back to the white elementary school you came from, to keep play principals wanna be, here we WANT! WE DESERVE! Someone with qualifications and experience to do the job

Posted July 23, 2014
I attended this school and would like to warn all potential students to stay away. This school "attracts" the most inexperienced teachers and has a principal who is either incapable or unwilling to use any form of real discipline. You can listen to all the excuses and apologies, but at the end of the day this school is filled with a bunch of thugs, gangsters, and racist punks. Unless you are black, the other students will bully you daily. Go ahead, attend this school and see if learn even half the amount of material you would've learned anywhere else. The bottom line is that this school is unsafe and really more of a daycare center for "bebe kids."

Posted October 15, 2013
My student currently attends the North Arts & Communications program. He is a 10th grader and is on the A honor roll. The teachers are very supportive and informative with the kids education and well being. The principal Dr. Berry is excellent. She is someone that shows that she is all about the kids. She sits in classrooms, door is always open to meet with parents and doing everything she can to get her students ready for college. My son is currently in North Carolina touring collges thanks to Dr. Berry and her staff. The neighborhood is getting better but what is going on at North is excellent. Parents at North I recommend that you get involved in your child's education and take advantage of the opportunities that the North staff is providing for them.

Posted April 29, 2012
This school has wonderful after school programs that challenge students and it has the IB Medallion program. Each Junior or Senior are able to do PSEO. students can take classes meant for the grade ahead of them. Bullying is't a big issue and no one is discriminated against because of their race. The course work is rigorous and the class fun and easy to learn in.

North Senior Academy & North Academy of Arts and Communications 2

Posted September 16, 2009
Not the great community school it used to be...too many choices with available bussing to charters and choice is your schools.

North Senior Academy & North Academy of Arts and Communications 2

Posted May 27, 2008
Not many students work together and many tend to not follow teacher's directions.

Posted December 18, 2007

North Senior Academy & North Academy of Arts and Communications 4

Posted January 06, 2006

North Senior Academy & North Academy of Arts and Communications 4

Posted July 29, 2004
My child has been a student at North High School for the past 3 years--3 terrific years ! North High provides calendars at the beginning of each school year, so that my family and I know when conferences will be held, various sporting events, and general school activities. This is wonderful because my family and I can plan accordingly. In addition, my child has recieved Special Education services at North, and I am very pleased with my child's casemanager and the frequent progress reports (both via telephone and in written form). North High teachers and principals have been supportive, involved and aware.

Posted April 20, 2004
I have two children at North. I do not like the school. They are untimely in contacting parents when your child has problems with attendance and/or is not completing assignments. I was not notified of conferences until the night before they scheduled both children. I spoke with the guidence counselor and was told, that they are unwilling to transfer my child because the need to keep his funding is too great. I am thoroghly disappointed with North High School. They only see the children as money, not students and children that need guidance. They do not work with the parents.

North Senior Academy & North Academy of Arts and Communications
1500 James Ave North, Minneapolis, MN  55411
Last modified North Senior Academy & North Academy of Arts and Communications is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Senior Academy & North Academy of Arts and Communications Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top